Bowling Green NMRA Roll Call and Turbo Coyote Shootout!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
It is getting to be that time of year again. Who is going to be showing up for the NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green? We had a blast last year, can't wait to get back out there to hang out with everybody again. Hopefully we will be bringing about 4 or 5 cars from CO and a bunch of good people with.

In case you haven't heard there will be a Turbo Coyote Shootout at this years event to showcase what these cars can do with the best power adder option out there. If anybody is interested we would love to have more cars in the field. The rules are pretty wide to allow everybody to participate. Dasan who was cool enough to get the class setup is working on awards/recognition for fastest stick car, fastest 6r80, fastest stock motor car, etc. Should be an awesome class, check the rules here: http://www.nmradigital.com/cat/class...tout-rules.pdf

Thanks to Henchman Racing, Revolution Automotive and JPC Racing for sponsoring the Turbo Coyote Shootout class! Looking forward to hangout out with everybody again and having some fun!

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to make it this year. Hopefully next year I'll be able to make the drive and and get a little racing done.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I will be there spectating but I am trailering my car up there for the weekend. We should get all the forum guys together for dinner one night. It was nice meeting you up there last year at the pizza restaurant Bud!

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
What area are you from? I'm about an hour east of BG.

I live in a small town called Mt. Vernon, it's about 30 miles northeast of Somerset.

I will be there spectating but I am trailering my car up there for the weekend. We should get all the forum guys together for dinner one night. It was nice meeting you up there last year at the pizza restaurant Bud!

A get together sounds great!

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I'm reserved for Friday and Saturday at the red roof inn. It was like $80 per night and Is right next to the infamous burn out gas station lol

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Cool same place as last year! Hope they are still doing that this year. That was a blast. If not parking lot party lol.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score

Cool! Half the fun of the event was meeting people and hanging out. Definitely need to get something setup again this year.

Didn't know there was a trophy for the ones that can't make it past the 60'

Glad I'm not the only one that remembers that, I brought it up a few months back and kind of felt like an ass for digging up that snafu :/ Bummer you won't be able to make it this year but maybe catch you at a race on this side of the country sometime.

Hell yeah lets do it. Where is everyone staying at?

Staying at the La Quinta which is right by the Ramada, the host hotel the last few years. Supposedly the Ramada has a bar, so might spend some time there. We missed the burnout show at the RaceWay gas station last year, will definitely have to catch that this year.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one that remembers that, I brought it up a few months back and kind of felt like an ass for digging up that snafu :/ Bummer you won't be able to make it this year but maybe catch you at a race on this side of the country sometime.

I am an ass most of the times. Lol

Absolutely, I'm going to try to have it together by the end of fall and get a little testing done. Do you know if Travis tied up the kit on his car?

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I think Travis is still running around with the procharger on his car. Not sure when the teardown/swap happens.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Can't wait, I hit the road in 12 days. Our CO representation has dwindled some but both Jon with his On3 car and I with my Fluid car will be there. Press Release for the event: http://www.nmradigital.com/2014/09/11/calling-turbo-coyote-5-0l-racers-boost-bash-nmra-world-finals/

Do you have a turbocharged Coyote 5.0L in your S197 Mustang? Then load up the trailer, head towards Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY (October 2-4, 2014), and prepare for a boost bash at the NMRA World Finals. All of the top racers are looking to set records, have fun, and be part of the biggest Mustang drag race of the year. Last year we saw the first seven-second Coyote 5.0L performance from a street car when Justin Burcham of JPC Racing did the deed immediately following last year’s NMRA World Finals. The all-time low record for the street car market has been a 7.87 at 174 mph and no one has come close since last fall. But the race is more than just the all-time record, it is about drag racing and the quickest car doesn’t always win. Then there is the chance for competitors to set all sorts of niche titles within the Coyote 5.0L community like quickest 6R80-equipped ride, quickest stick-shift Mustang, and many other titles that are up for grabs. All of the rules can be found <<HERE>>
The NMRA Keystone Drag Racing Series would like to thank Dasan Holloway for bringing the shootout to the NMRA World Finals. We are also gracious for the contributions from the Shootout’s three sponsors—Henchmen Racing, Revolution Automotive, and JPC Racing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back