Brake dust out of control - which replacements?

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've now got 2k miles on the car, and the only disappointment is the massive amount of brake dust these cars get. I can wash the rims/car, take it to work and back (30 mile round trip) and the rims - mainly the front - are already brown. Another few trips and the rims look like a 4x4 truck. Terrible pads from the factory. I actually can feel flakes of iron in the brake dust.

What are you guys switching to? I'm ok spending a little coin on some good pads, but please don't recommend pads that are $150-200 per axle. I'm just not going to spend that much for a street car.

Thanks.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Which pad guys? Carbo tech goes by a color code if I recall.

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
Good question!

Just switched to gt500 brembo's this year and they dust much worse than the stock bullitt setup. Makes cleaning my sve drift's a pita...

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
X100. Horrible brake dust... This isn't a mercedes!

AOnorato

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
What I do, is actually use a sealant on my wheels, and I can just blast brake dust off with water alone, no need to use a wheel cleaner. I use Adam's quick sealant on my wheels, and just use a pressure sprayer from home depot to just blast the dust right off, and use a blower to dry them. It takes me 5 mins every few days to keep everything looking awesome!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HPS Pads, i ran them on my daily with the GT500 wheels and didnt have any dusting.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The obvious choice here is to quit using the brakes ;)

Zporta

forum member
Reaction score
surprised no one mentioned the cmax gold cermaics from autozone... check them out

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back