BRAKE it down!!!!!

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
What color are you going with Darren. I can't decide what color I want. Since my car is a DD, I'll probably be ordering a spare set of calipers from ford to do the project. Don't want to rush and not let the paint cure properly.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
What color are you going with Darren. I can't decide what color I want. Since my car is a DD, I'll probably be ordering a spare set of calipers from ford to do the project. Don't want to rush and not let the paint cure properly.

Not sure right now bro. I did disassemble my calipers and took them to the Powdercoater. I didn't want to paint them and the caliper paints I've seen don't shine good enough and look like crap.

WIj8oav.jpg

Getting the Pistons out is tricky!!!!!!

Thanks Ken for the kind words!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
did you use a write up to disassemble them? Please share.

I can give you my cell and walk you through it. I watched a Youtube and got some valuable feedback from another member elsewhere. LMK when you're ready and I'll give you my cell.

if/when i do get a s550 it'll be silvler by god!

Thanks Tommy! This one has cured my OCD because it's so forgiving the absence of showing swirl marks. I love it!

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure right now bro. I did disassemble my calipers and took them to the Powdercoater. I didn't want to paint them and the caliper paints I've seen don't shine good enough and look like crap.

WIj8oav.jpg

Getting the Pistons out is tricky!!!!!!

Thanks Ken for the kind words!

Nice. How hard was it to take the pistons out? Do you need a rebuild kit to reassemble?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, my old civic was silver. i never washed that thing. this highland green is about as bad as black...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Nice. How hard was it to take the pistons out? Do you need a rebuild kit to reassemble?

You have to use an air compressor on low psi (20-30) and blow the air into where the brake line attaches to the caliper(after removing it of course) and the pistons will come out. Use a block of wood to go between the pistons when doing this because you could really hurt your fingers if they get in the way. Just go slow with the amount of air and it works like a charm.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
RFJ2XJG.jpg

zah7swy.jpg

Powdercoated! Disassembled and reassembled them myself! Not hard AT ALL!!! Gonna do the back ones now!:sparta:

9ZeHD9B.gif

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I photochopped all kinds of colors for the Frembos and red looked the best. Grabber blue was a close second.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I photochopped all kinds of colors for the Frembos and red looked the best. Grabber blue was a close second.

ooooooooo. GB would've been pretty sick na$ty. Specially since there aren't a whole lot of people running that color on their calipers.

When I get a DD, I'm gonna send my calipers to you with some YB so you can do them. :cheersman:

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
These look great! :thumb:

If you don't mind me asking, who did you use for powdercoating? Been looking for someone semi-local. Thanks!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back