Brembos on rear

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Searching this topic i found that Brembos dont make a kit for the rear of the 8.8 due to the axles sliding back and fourth, and if brembo did make a kit it would be an outrageous price.

Lethal performance sells a nice rear end upgrade kit that includes 9" ends and eliminates the c clips. From my understanding this would keep the axle in its place allowing a monoblock to work on the rear. Am i heading in the right direction with my logic? or is there something i am missing? I do understand i would need another brake on the rear as a parking brake.

would c clip eliminators essentially do the same thing?

Last edited:

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
Baer makes a floating rear caliper for the 8.8. It is expensive and most here will tell you that gains are minimal.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
don't know if having super strong rear brakes would even be a good idea.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
don't know if having super strong rear brakes would even be a good idea.

It's more for aesthetics more than anything else. I want to get th e rear built anyhow for the 1320. I am hung up between making brembos work on the rear or lightweight brakes from strange

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
C clip eliminators will not allow you to run a non floating caliper. You would have to go with full blown full floater 9" ends......I think.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just get a set of Wilwood rear brakes. I have had mine, to go with my Wilwood fronts, for about 7 years now and they work well.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
C clip eliminators will not allow you to run a non floating caliper. You would have to go with full blown full floater 9" ends......I think.

To make matters worse, C-Clip Eliminators have a bad tendency to leak under high lateral loads (see Road Coursing or Autocrossing)... Axle Fluid + Hot brakes = FIRE = Bad.

Considering how much work it is to retrofit something like this just for a fixed monoblock caliper, the braking performance advantages are pretty small. You have plenty of options within the Mustang family for upgrades without the added hassle. I would take advantage of that.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Which Wilwood kit? The one with the brake shoes for parking or the 2pc design?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
A stock KR had regular GT500 brakes. You referring to the KR upfit package? Those were the Baer Extreme which were standard on the earlier model Super Snakes (new ones have Wilwood kits)

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
A stock KR had regular GT500 brakes. You referring to the KR upfit package? Those were the Baer Extreme which were standard on the earlier model Super Snakes (new ones have Wilwood kits)

I must be. I remember seeing them on a few cars last time I was there.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
The Wilwood 14-9228 kit looks more aesthetically pleasing. And its the same price as upgrading to bigger 2pc rotors from Baer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back