Brenspeed b326

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
looking @ the B326 and wanted the guys/gals that have used it or hopfully still using it for feed back ,
TIA, Almost went MMR ...
Jim .

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I have no experience with the B326 but what's the verdict with your motor? Did you get it out and torn down yet to see what happened?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The Brenspeed motors are fine, but heavy. I dismissed them when I was looking because of the iron block. Reliability wise they are fine.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
I have no experience with the B326 but what's the verdict with your motor? Did you get it out and torn down yet to see what happened?
NO .
i am getting the BIG runaround @ A*R , wont answer my calls or text .
he was gonna help me pull it since i just gave them 10 grand and it lasted 2 days and he blew me off last saturday for the last fucking time . friday night he said bring it in saturday and we will get it out , texted him saturday to see what time he wanted it towed there and he never answered me back again ....:sparta:
the only lift i have available to me is tied up , cant get on it . i will have it out in the next few days if i gotta do it on my BAD back , LOL .

The Brenspeed motors are fine, but heavy. I dismissed them when I was looking because of the iron block. Reliability wise they are fine.
thank you . i think they are like 100 lbs. more .

Last edited by a moderator:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If you're willing to go that route, look at the JDM stroker motors as well. That's what I had in my Bullitt. And they use aluminum blocks.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
NO .
i am getting the BIG runaround @ A*R , wont answer my calls or text .
he was gonna help me pull it since i just gave them 10 grand and it lasted 2 days and he blew me off last saturday for the last fucking time . friday night he said bring it in saturday and we will get it out , texted him saturday to see what time he wanted it towed there and he never answered me back again ....:sparta:
the only lift i have available to me is tied up , cant get on it . i will have it out in the next few days if i gotta do it on my BAD back , LOL .

^^That sucks! Sorry to hear, he's probably scrambling to get everything ready for the Spring Break Shootout coming up in a few weeks.

If you're willing to go that route, look at the JDM stroker motors as well. That's what I had in my Bullitt. And they use aluminum blocks.

Good suggestion, the main reason I didn't go with a Boss block this time is the extra 80+ lbs from the iron block, not to mention having to buy all new ARP hardware and pistons again.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
i did , i went thru all the vendors on this site .
JDM , a bit more money then the B326 and it dont even come with the 500.00
oil pump ..

^^That sucks! Sorry to hear, he's probably scrambling to get everything ready for the Spring Break Shootout coming up in a few weeks.
No he aint going , i think he is just fuckin me , sucks i really like him , but man up and face me he wont even talk to me .

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Ever think about building the motor yourself? It's one way to know it's done right.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Ever think about building the motor yourself? It's one way to know it's done right.
yes been pondering it , i bought 3 books on the mod motors , 2 Sean Hyland (car tech) , and 1 ford service manual been doing alot
of reading .main down fall is i do not have a work area ( garage ) .

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I wish that was my only downfall. I'm just not mechanically enclined/confident enuf to try something like that. Half the time Bruce is talkin, it might as well be in Chinese.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
If you want a motor that handles big power, and a company that will stand behind it all the way, go with the B326 from Brenspeed. These motors are built for 1000 hp! I've got 3k miles on my B326. I'm servicing the car for spring now and pulled the plugs a couple weeks ago. They look perfect. Engine has no leaks, no burning oil. Absolutely zero problems and I'm putting over 726 rwhp boosted to the pavement. Kent Nine with Brenspeed is building these motors. He built mine and dozens of others. Kent and Miles Waggoner, also with Brenspeed run this engine in their own drag cars. I have had fun building motors in the past, but when it comes to spending big money on a high hp motor I trust this guy to do it. Money well spent IMO. Nothing reliable is cheap! Very happy customer!

BTW, the weight difference between the iron 5.0 Boss block and a stock aluminum 4.6L is only 60lbs.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
As a bystander, honestly, the only company I've seen that isn't torpedoing and blowing shit up on the regular has been Brenspeed. I don't have a very wide view (here and svt performance.)

A ford racing short block would also be nuke proof.

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
If you want a motor that handles big power, and a company that will stand behind it all the way, go with the B326 from Brenspeed. These motors are built for 1000 hp! I've got 3k miles on my B326. I'm servicing the car for spring now and pulled the plugs a couple weeks ago. They look perfect. Engine has no leaks, no burning oil. Absolutely zero problems and I'm putting over 726 rwhp boosted to the pavement. Kent Nine with Brenspeed is building these motors. He built mine and dozens of others. Kent and Miles Waggoner, also with Brenspeed run this engine in their own drag cars. I have had fun building motors in the past, but when it comes to spending big money on a high hp motor I trust this guy to do it. Money well spent IMO. Nothing reliable is cheap! Very happy customer!

BTW, the weight difference between the iron 5.0 Boss block and a stock aluminum 4.6L is only 60lbs.

Agree with Timmbo and all he has said here..! For me, Brenspeed gave me great customer service and to date I haven't had any problems what so ever with my 326 ci (5.3) Stroker). With the Iron 5.0 Boss block and the extra cubes (stroked) You don't even notice the extra 60 lbs. on the street. It's a real beast and would personally recommend it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
How much heavier is the Iron B326 vs the Aluminum 281? If it's only 60-70 lbs, it's probably a reasonable trade off. If it's 100 lbs heavier, that's probably going to start affecting handling for some applications.

On a similar note, how much hp /tq is a B326 capable of..... in NA mode, sans blower ?? Like with a 93 tune. The B326, with some other tweaks, like LT's, cams, heads, CAI, deluxe manifold..... might make for an extremely reliable NA eng. Then no extra 80-110 lbs of blower weight, nor the cost of a blower either. I'm talking hypothetical here. If you could get 400+ rwhp out of it, it might be the ticket for a lot of DD applications. But then again, I see Vorshlag managed to get 449 rwhp from a 2011 coyote with just a 93 tune, CAI and LT's...but we are talking 3V drop in / turnkey engs here.

Last edited:

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 5.3 is good for 420whp and 400 lbft. I fully expect to see at least those numbers. Look up Bruce's posts since he's done a ton of tinkering with the 5.3 both NA and FI. He's reasonable and literate as well.

I currently am doing a Boss50 with Livernois Stage 3 heads and cams, Livernois stroker crank, Diamond pistons, C&L intake, LTH, electric water pump, Livernois billet oil pump gear, etc. My intentions are 80% street / 20% corner carver. I had the same weight debate, and the final result will be a 75 pound addition. I'm using Prothane motor mounts shaved 1/2" to lower the CG on the engine to help compensate for the weight.

It is my understanding the 5.0 Cammer blocks are supposed to be NA only. I went iron alloy due to cost, and just in case I ever wanted to drop FI on the motor to roast tires in any gear.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the input , i am now flipping the coin on the FRPP or the B326 .
Can you all tell me , it looks like it is a 2 bolt starter and located on the drivers side ,
first is it 2 bolt if so fawk me because i just bought a new 3 bolt . And are the 2006 stock cables / wires long enough to flip to the drivers side ?

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Everything remains in the same location as your factory block. You will need engine mount adapters but that is all

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back