Brenspeed vs. BBR tunes

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I went from an Evolution Performance tune to a BBR tune and never looked back very good stuff. I cant wait to see how their cams do in my car I wish they would get them.

I might order a set of cams from them if I'm impressed with the tune. Let me know how you like them.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I´m runing an NA tune from Chris @ BBR with their ported heads and stg 2 billet cams + stroker, Chris knows his stuff for sure, couldnt be happier, the tune is dead on.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
No more F/I Grn Bullit? Trust bro you will fal in love with your car again when you load that tune up.

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Hell yeah the BBR tunes rock, throttle response is awesome and my SGT puls much more nicer, I don't know if I gained any fuel mileage because I rip it everytime I get a chance because the car feels that good, lol!!!
The folks at BBR also have great customer service.
Anthony, thanks to you that I went to them. :thumb2:

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Hell yeah the BBR tunes rock, throttle response is awesome and my SGT puls much more nicer, I don't know if I gained any fuel mileage because I rip it everytime I get a chance because the car feels that good, lol!!!
The folks at BBR also have great customer service.
Anthony, thanks to you that I went to them. :thumb2:
You are very welcome!

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
wow, nice comparison. Haven't bought a tune from BBR yet, but when I talked to them, I found them to be very accommodating.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why does one run file say 4/18/2010 and the other run file say 5/3/2010?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why does one run file say 4/18/2010 and the other run file say 5/3/2010?
and the first pull looks to be at 8* higher ambient temps

Reaction score
I knew someone would see that, and I don't have a answer, they have new software, (or should I say are learning the new software) and I did 6 pulls on 4/18, well last night when I looked at the comp. after marking more runs, my file still showed 6 runs, they most have overwrote the runs? never had that happen before, I can tell you those runs are from last night, I was in the car making the runs and looking at the grahps after every run, and the car was down on power from the runs I did on 4/18, on 4/18 the brenspeed tune made 342 and 345 whp last night it only made 336, I even reloaded the tune, checked to make sure it loaded with my settings and tried again, that run I posted was the best I could get with the Brenspeed tune. I'll get the guy that knows the Dyno to print me a full size graph, and ask him what was/is going on,

Last edited:

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
WOW!!! Looks like we've got a good amount of happy customers....

Sorry if I haven't gotten back to your PM's yet. I just got into the office today. Sucks working 2 jobs... I'm a Fire Fighter / Medic and I work here at BBR part time. So I'm sorry for anyone that can't get in touch with me ASAP. I try though.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 Same thing here.

Brenspeed tunes were always good. Used them for years. Had a dyno tune and it sucked. Gave BBR a shot and stuck with it. Love the drive ability and pulls hard. Best way to describe it is that my car "feels" lighter.

But that won't matter much anymore once Mid Atlantic Performance tunes my car.

:hi:

Yeah im gonna have mid atlantic tune my turbo setup, waiting on the piping...

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
NOOOOO NOT BBR.

j/k i love there tunes.i had chris dyno tune my car and havent looked back on it.great people to deal with, one thing some of you guys dont know is he wont let you of the dyno untill he feals the car is perfect and safe even if it means staying till 5am.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BBR did my tune for the HR cams and after working through the loading issue I have had zero issues with the idle, driveability and transmission/OD issues that others have had.

If and when I go FI I will be using Mid Atlantic for tuning as well.

nmb15831

forum member
Reaction score
i havent had any other custom tunes than BBR. but i ran a slower time with the BBR tune. it was really crazy because the car felt way faster. maybe driver error, but i made a few passes with my BBR tune and it was slower than i was running prior to having it. anyone else have this happen?

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
i havent had any other custom tunes than BBR. but i ran a slower time with the BBR tune. it was really crazy because the car felt way faster. maybe driver error, but i made a few passes with my BBR tune and it was slower than i was running prior to having it. anyone else have this happen?
You might have traction problems and/or your so excited about your tune that you didn't let your cool down. When I get to the track I let it cool down for 45mins and I run like three runs and do it again.

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score
Right now i have a brooksspeed tune and i ordered a free bama/american muscle tune, would it be worth paying $50 and getting a bbr tune you guys think?

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Right now i have a brooksspeed tune and i ordered a free bama/american muscle tune, would it be worth paying $50 and getting a bbr tune you guys think?
Yes my dad has an AM tune and it's good but he says my tune is way more AGGRESSIVE then his and the numbers show to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back