Broken Brake Booster Vacuum Hose (2007 Mustang Gt)

Metal on Wheels

Reaction score
So working on fixing a coolant leak I completely broke a hose connected to the back of the manifold and fuel pressure sensor to the brake booster. I tried JB weld to fix it but my brake pedal is still rock solid and driving is asking for a crash. I cannot find ANYTHING anywhere on the internet about this hose and was wondering if anyone here could help me out. I appreciate it greatly!

20240130_144608.jpg

20240130_144624.jpg

Samos3

Reaction score
If the fitting is like most brake booster fittings, it should rotate a quarter to half turn and come out. I think the hose is just rubber vacuum line.

Metal on Wheels

Reaction score
Brake booster check valve.
From a little searching, it appears manual trans cars have a check valve inside it and automatics have just an open 90 degree fitting. Probably pushes into the rubber grommet.
Like this (says it fits, but do some confirming):

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-80189/mustang-brake-booster-check-valve-1979-201
It broke from the plastic part of the hose to the valve. That's why I tried fixing it with JB weld. Turns out I had it misaligned so I tried fixing that and redid it. I'll see if it works once it cures and my brake pedal doesn't feel like a rock. Thank you guys for the help!

Here's what it actually looked like when I broke. Also it's a manual.

20240127_144446.jpg

Samos3

Reaction score
It broke from the plastic part of the hose to the valve. That's why I tried fixing it with JB weld. Turns out I had it misaligned so I tried fixing that and redid it. I'll see if it works once it cures and my brake pedal doesn't feel like a rock. Thank you guys for the help!

Here's what it actually looked like when I broke. Also it's a manual.

View attachment 93763
If that doesn't work, get a piece of aluminum or brass tubing that fits just inside and use it to splice them back together. Hobby shop should have it.

Aussie-Parnelli

Reaction score
It is replaced by a generic part
The one on the top is off my '06 Saleen the one on bottom is generic
Try Autozone or Pep boys they will be able to help you
Also both manual and autos use same part they are designed to keep vacuum in booster and has nothing to do with transmission

Booster valve.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back