Broken MT82 PICS..

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
2011 Mustang GT- Intake/tune/3.73's 12.01 @ 115mph
2004 Mustang GT- Built 4 valve, 2.8H, built T56 10.32 @ 138mph (on old Novi 2000 setup)

^if the guy's signature is true I'm pretty sure he knows how to drive, and I think that would rule out "owner abuse"

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
Dealerships think hitting reline is "abuse". I love it when they throw millions in advertising to show the cars burning out, racing, etc, etc in the mustang and then when you go in for a problem its "abuse". If the car cant take mild driving then dont advertise it. false advertisement really.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Looks like owner abuse to me :omfg:

Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? In technical terms, based on the pics that I posted?

Also, realize that this car came from a New Orleans dealer, had a good bit of mileage on it when I took posession, and it made transmission noise from day 1..

Also, keep in mind that I build race cars for a living.. including transmissions. If this was something that I did through negligence, do you think that I would post up pics?

Travis

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
2011 Mustang GT- Intake/tune/3.73's 12.01 @ 115mph
2004 Mustang GT- Built 4 valve, 2.8H, built T56 10.32 @ 138mph (on old Novi 2000 setup)

^if the guy's signature is true I'm pretty sure he knows how to drive, and I think that would rule out "owner abuse"

The dealer told me "It's a mustang.. that's what it's designed/built for. We don't care that you drag race the car".

Travis

Last edited:

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Update..

Still not finished.. For the past 3 days, the dealership has called me and had to "overnight a part" that they were missing. Now, this bothers me.. I know that if I'm putting something together, and I'm missing something.. I'm going to sit down and make damn sure that I have all of the other parts at that time.

Monday makes 1 month.. Of course, it'll be done by then, according the dealer..

Travis

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Update..

Still not finished.. For the past 3 days, the dealership has called me and had to "overnight a part" that they were missing. Now, this bothers me.. I know that if I'm putting something together, and I'm missing something.. I'm going to sit down and make damn sure that I have all of the other parts at that time.

Monday makes 1 month.. Of course, it'll be done by then, according the dealer..

Travis

Ford should be picking up that month's payment.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Next Tuesday makes 30 days.. If it's not done by then, I'm getting an attorney and filing for Lemon Law. I'm tired of this shit!

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Oh, and the service guy straight up lied to me yesterday.. He told me that the part was being overnighted, Saturday delivery, and that the tech was working today to get it done. I go over there, and the tech wasn't even scheduled to come in (nor was here there). WTF?! Why lie to me? Just tell me the fucking truth!

Travis

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
I still cant believe they just didnt replace the trans, I think the dealer is just in over their head on the whole thing.

Before you lemon law the car make sure there are no performance mods at all on it, otherwise you will have a hard time if Ford fights it. I'm assuming you put it stock when you took it in, I also wouldnt be posting much about it until its over.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
Ford should be picking up that month's payment.

Not everyone has a car payment. Financing is an option for most, but not all. What if the car was paid off, then what? What should Ford "have" to give him? Things happen, and if Fords taking car of it under warranty than all he can do is wait. A rental should be good enough until he can get his car back.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Not everyone has a car payment. Financing is an option for most, but not all. What if the car was paid off, then what? What should Ford "have" to give him? Things happen, and if Fords taking car of it under warranty than all he can do is wait. A rental should be good enough until he can get his car back.

A month?

Doesn't seem like they are taking care of it.

That's what Lemon Laws are for, when "taking care" of it takes months.

Getting the manufacturer to pay for the payment while the car sits idle because of a problem with the product is probably preferable than the customer using the Lemon Law process.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score

Doesn't seem like they are taking care of it.

That's what Lemon Laws are for, when "taking care" of it takes months.

Getting the manufacturer to pay for the payment while the car sits idle because of a problem with the product is probably preferable than the customer using the Lemon Law process.

And if the car is paid off?

Did the OP ASK ford to pay a month’s worth?

What about the dealers hands being tied waiting for the ford hotline to instruct them on what to do next? What if that tech that was supposed to come in called out sick?

How about if ford isn’t going to pay for a new tranny? What if the dealer can’t do anything yet until they know they will be paid for the warranty work?

There are too many what ifs. The car has been there for just about 1 month not 3 months. Like i said, i would be pissed too. My car last Saturday had to be towed to ford because my flywheel bolts had backed out. Bolts came in Thursday. Ford wouldn’t pay the dealer to crack open tranny until the bolts arrived and THEN they could see if any other damage was done. i got my car back yesterday. The dealer gave me a rental. Should I demand 1/4 my car payment be made? lol...

Give the dealer some slack, if you don’t like that dealer, go to another one. I had to. I went to 3! Before the third actually agreed to give me a rental and actually wanted to work on my 3 week old car. One of the dealers actually said "ford is currently working on a fix, no recommendations at this time" and at that point the cops were called after I almost beat the guys ass for not wanting to check my car in and basically told me there’s nothing he could do until ford came out with a fix. So i out of all people can REALLY understand how some dealers can be real assholes. Some are not, and every situation is different. Be patient OP, I’m sure ford will make it right.

Go to another dealer or lemon law it. Whatever you care to do.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
I still cant believe they just didnt replace the trans, I think the dealer is just in over their head on the whole thing.

Before you lemon law the car make sure there are no performance mods at all on it, otherwise you will have a hard time if Ford fights it. I'm assuming you put it stock when you took it in, I also wouldnt be posting much about it until its over.

It is 100% stock, with the exception of Ford (OEM) 3.73 gears, which were installed by one of Ford's technicians, and is an option for the 2011 Mustang. My axle came with 3.31's, and I had the dealer install the 3.73's. I don't think they can (or will) do much about that. It was an OEM part, installed by a ASE tech at the dealer, and is optional equipment on the same vehicle.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score

What about the dealers hands being tied waiting for the ford hotline to instruct them on what to do next? What if that tech that was supposed to come in called out sick?

How about if ford isn’t going to pay for a new tranny? What if the dealer can’t do anything yet until they know they will be paid for the warranty work?

There are too many what ifs. The car has been there for just about 1 month not 3 months. Like i said, i would be pissed too. My car last Saturday had to be towed to ford because my flywheel bolts had backed out. Bolts came in Thursday. Ford wouldn’t pay the dealer to crack open tranny until the bolts arrived and THEN they could see if any other damage was done. i got my car back yesterday. The dealer gave me a rental. Should I demand 1/4 my car payment be made? lol...

Give the dealer some slack, if you don’t like that dealer, go to another one. I had to. I went to 3! Before the third actually agreed to give me a rental and actually wanted to work on my 3 week old car. One of the dealers actually said "ford is currently working on a fix, no recommendations at this time" and at that point the cops were called after I almost beat the guys ass for not wanting to check my car in and basically told me there’s nothing he could do until ford came out with a fix. So i out of all people can REALLY understand how some dealers can be real assholes. Some are not, and every situation is different. Be patient OP, I’m sure ford will make it right.

I was not angry with the dealer until today, when I found out that the service writer straight up lied to me about the tech coming in today to finish it. Primarily, I'm upset with Ford for monkeying around for so long. It's not the dealership's fault that Ford took almost 3 weeks to decide on what to do with this. They should have put a new transmission in the car, and it would have been taken care of asap. Now, they're going to end up spending a LOT more, and they've pissed off a long time customer.

If the car is not finished by Tuesday, I will take appropriate legal action against Ford. I will not demand a refund for the vehicle, but, I will ask for a replacement.

I will also ask to be reimbursed for 1 month of car payment, as I have been without the vehicle for a month.

Not unreasonable at all.. I think I've been pretty fair/level headed up to this point.

Travis

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score

I didn't mention the dealership once.

I said Ford.

A month for a repair, of any kind, is ridiculous.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
It is 100% stock, with the exception of Ford (OEM) 3.73 gears, which were installed by one of Ford's technicians, and is an option for the 2011 Mustang. My axle came with 3.31's, and I had the dealer install the 3.73's. I don't think they can (or will) do much about that. It was an OEM part, installed by a ASE tech at the dealer, and is optional equipment on the same vehicle.

I must have been thinking about someone else with a different sig ;)

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Must have been.. ;)

Even still, I doubt that IF I DID have a cold air intake and a tune, that it would stick in court to give Ford the excuse not to honor the lemon law claim. Those parts would have nothing to do with the failure, and, the fact that it made noise before I took posession of the vehicle. The salesman acknowledged the noise from day one, and told me that it was ok to take it.. If the noise got worse, that Ford would take care of it under warranty, of course.

I don't have any mods on the car right now, other than OEM 3.73 gears installed..

Travis

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
So, the car still isn't done.. I actually went to the dealership today, and was helping the tech put this thing back together. He was having trouble with it..

That is, until the dick head service manager walks up, and kicks me out of the shop area. Insurance this, and that.. blah blah. Whatever.. If I wasn't helping the guy, it would probably still be in pieces. I'm friends with the owner of the place, but, didn't want to make a big stink about it, so I just left.

Last I heard, they forgot to order the big hex bolt and cap that goes into the counter-shaft from the bell housing side.. So, it'll be at least till Wednesday. It's so ridiculous at this point, all I can do is laugh.

Travis

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back