Building a cam n/a 3v combo

84T-TopNotch

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 GT with JLT series 2 intake, ford racing hot rod cams, American Racing long tube headers, off road x pipe, and 4:10 gears. My setup dynoed at 330hp and 299tq on a dyno-pac dyno on 93 octane. I'm looking to add steeda under drive pullies, cmv delete plates, gt500 tb, and 40 amp kb boost a pump and 42lb injectors. I'm upgrading the fuel system now because I plan on playing with e85 next spring but I'm going to get my 93 tune out of the way now. Am I going in the right direction with this combo and what gains should I expect with this combo on 93 octane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I saw zero improvement in peak RWHP / RWTQ when I added steeda under drive pullies, cmv delete plates and GT500 TB. Its been awhile. I want to say in the lower RPM's I netted 3 HP and 5 FT LB Tq and my 3v was much more radically modded on the heads and cams compared to where yours is. I think you may benefit even less.

IMHO, the only thing worth the effort was the delete plates, and that is because I know several people that sucked screws and rivets from the charge motion plates into their cylinders and intakes.

If you are staying NA, your money would be much more well spent in getting stage 3 heads and cams.

Last edited:

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
I'll throw my 2 cents in... Delete plates, maybe the throttle body... It will be more fun to drive... I wouldn't spend the money for the pulleys... I'd be looking for a supercharger, just my thought

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
One more vote for skip the pulleys. Deletes yes. I don't think you will see any gain with a bigger throttle body but I could be wrong.

FYI the stock Coyote injectors are 34lb and can be picked up cheap. I'm using a set with E85 and GT500 pumps. They are supplying enough fuel for 437rwhp. I have an extra set of almost new ones if you are interested. I also have a set of 39lb Terminator injectors I bought in case the Coyote injectors couldn't handle the fuel supply to my motor.

PM if you are interested in either set.

YoungBlood

forum member
Reaction score
If I can pick up pullies for $70 do you think they're worth it? I'm NA with just longtubes, tuner and intake

84T-TopNotch

forum member
Reaction score
I already have bap and 42lb injectors laying around from a different project.

conexion914

forum member
Reaction score
Just get a short belt to by pass power steering. Its like $30, takes 5 minutes to change, and you have a spare if ever needed.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Delete plates yes but skip the pulleys and tb. Go with heads and cams as suggested. I have valve springs and 127500 cams for sale if you are interested.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Have any of you installed the Steeda delete plates? How do you keep them lined up properly while installing them? It's been a year since I've done mine, but it seems that there was a lot of play and they could move around while being installed. I would think isn't good for air flow.

08GT_kid

Reaction score
I was having the same question. I was gonna do the steeda underdrive pulleys but I see that really no one does them on the 3v. What a bout long tubes are those needed? Will I see any gains?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Long tubes you will see some gains. As far as the delete plates go they should be able to move once you get a bolt or two in.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
I have the following mods:

Long tubes (good improvement in power)
Steeda delete plates (small improvement in power)
GT500 throttle body (it's a small enough difference that it was probably all in my mind. Not really worth it)
Underdrive pulleys (Same as Throttle body, but this one at least shaves weight off the car, however small that may be)

08GT_kid

Reaction score
These are the bolt ons I am going to do to my car:

SCT handheld
MacAxle back exhaust
3.73 Gear
Delete plates
underdrive pulleys
Hotrod cam.

I already had those on my shopping cart before I even seen this thread. What do you guys think? Do i need something else? Or should something be replaced?

YoungBlood

forum member
Reaction score
So pretty much other than cams, delete plates are the only other mod for power if you're staying N/A?

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
I felt no difference with pulleys. From what I read intake/longtubes/cmdp/cams/ported heads are all worthwhile na mods. Some argue heads arent worth the tall price tag.

I currently have:

Longtubes
Catless h pipe
Jlt intake
UD pulleys
Cmdp
Bama tune

I put down 313/336 to the wheels. Hoping cams will bring me to the 340 mark and ill probably be done with na mods for a while and focus on suspension and other stuff.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I have an frpp manifold that will be for sale as soon as I get off my ass and make a sale thread with all the parts I have.

Back