Built 9" rear + extras.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Well, as the title says, Im trying to get a feel if there would even be any interest in buying this rear end. I know there are a lot of guys out there putting down some serious power that would actually need it. Some of you may remember me posting about it not to long ago when I first got it.

Anyways, it is a Currie 9" rear end. 31 spline forged alloy axles, with ABS tone rings installed so you can still run stock brakes, or any aftermarket brakes designed to bolt to the stock rear. Housing is a brand new (not good used like most 9" rears). 3rd member is a Nodular Iron Race case, with Nodular Iron big bearing pinion support, which are rated at around 1000hp. It comes with a Tru Trac limited slip differential, and 3.89 Motive gears. The rear end has maybe about 10-15k miles on it, but will have all new bearings installed before sale.

I also have an Inland Empire Driveline aluminum 1-piece shaft designed to work in conjuntion with this rear end.

I also have a brand new unused Currie adjustable upper control arm that I would highly suggest using with this rear end as well.

As I said, I am just trying to gauge interest to see if anyone would seriously be interested, and if so, I would have no problem selling.

I am looking to get about $2500 obo for this whole setup. If interested, I will snap some shots when I get home, as well as post the ones I have from when I first picked it up. Thanks!! :)

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Bump for pics.

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very tempting, I wish I had the cash. I wouldn't be able to use my current D/S? The reason I ask is that I have a t56, and I know a lot of people have the Tr6060, both or witch require a shorter D/S then the stock transmissions.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it has a little bit of adjustment in it for the length. The biggest issue is the u-joint size. This rear end has a larger yoke on the 3rd member, and therefore has a drive shaft with the larger u joint in it. I know this shaft works in the GT500's too, which I believe is a different length shaft than the GT, so you may have no problems. I am also willing to work on the price. :)

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score
How about a trade for an 8.8 plus $200 :D

Guys this thing is pretty sick... I'm going to be honest here. One ride in Rob's Mustang made me wet myself, and it also struck me with the v8 bug.

I blame my want for a v8 entirely on this unit's ability to DELIVER.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
In located in Orange County and yes, it comes with the UCA and DS. :)

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
To be honest, I am not entirely positive. Back when I worked for Currie it was about $300 to ship a complete rear across the country. We got good deals on shipping because of the amount of business they do with UPS, so Im guessing it would be slightly more than that.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Im bumping this to gain some more interest. Definitely willing to work on the price, and would consider taking more off the top for a stock 8.8 trade.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Im bumping this to gain some more interest. Definitely willing to work on the price, and would consider taking more off the top for a stock 8.8 trade.

I've got this brand new 8.8 with 3.55 gears that I really don't need. And I'm talkin' brand f'ning new. Let's discuss price. PM me.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
I've got this brand new 8.8 with 3.55 gears that I really don't need. And I'm talkin' brand f'ning new. Let's discuss price. PM me.

hell yeah SD, score this rear end and then when you decide to not use it you can pass the deal on to me :lol2:. i would love to get this but my build fund is starting to run check to check now.

N

navbtcret

Do the axles have 3" wheel studs? I will not need the driveshaft, nor the UCA. I have a 4r70w trans so I'll need a different driveshaft and I already have a CHE UCA. I have an 8.8 with 3.73's and a trutrac installed with Moser axles I could trade you for your 9" and some cash. It would be cheaper to ship it frieght rather than ups. If you are interested let me know and maybe we can work something out.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Do the axles have 3" wheel studs? I will not need the driveshaft, nor the UCA. I have a 4r70w trans so I'll need a different driveshaft and I already have a CHE UCA. I have an 8.8 with 3.73's and a trutrac installed with Moser axles I could trade you for your 9" and some cash. It would be cheaper to ship it frieght rather than ups. If you are interested let me know and maybe we can work something out.

It does not have 3" studs in it, but would not be a problem for me to install them for you. Im actually headed down to Currie real soon here to get new gears installed in the 3rd member, as well as new bearings installed on the axles. I can grab some 3" studs while Im there and either have them installed, or just sent with the rear. If that works for you, shoot me a price! :thumb:

Everyone else's PM's have been replied to. :)

Also, I cant seem to figure out how to edit the 1st post, but the UCA is no longer available.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back