Bump stop has shifted?

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
So i just bought new rear shocks and was underneath looking at what tools i was needing for the instal and noticed that my bump stops has rotated slightly backwards? Im lowered on sport lines, and had cut the bump stops to keep them from constantly hit the frame. Unfortunately, seems like I bottomed out a few times seeing as there is paint rubbed off the frame. Now, my bump stops are slightly angled backwards. Is there anything wrong with this? Car feels normal nothing wrong with the rear end. If there are pics needed I can go out and take some. Thanks guys

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think ours are all like that, I had the same question.
The axle moves up and down in an arch, so by the time it gets to where the chassis is it's more or less flat.

I thought I had a twisted axle tube but they were both rotated back an equal amount so it wouldn't make sense.

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
I think ours are all like that, I had the same question.
The axle moves up and down in an arch, so by the time it gets to where the chassis is it's more or less flat.

I thought I had a twisted axle tube but they were both rotated back an equal amount so it wouldn't make sense.

Alright I wont worry about it, I thought I had rotated my axle or something but its good to hear im not the only one with this problem. Need to get these new shocks on so I dont ride on these anymore!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I don't believe it has rotated nor is it a problem. The bump stops appear to be angled back on all of our cars.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back