Bye bye shelby!! :(((

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
not to be a bearer of bad news but i doubt its totalled..... but if you do want it to total you can claim to the insurance company that you believe that the safety of the vehicle has been compremissed and can no longer protect you in a collision as it should.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Sorry about your car that sucks. I'm glad that no one got hurt. FYI, a motorcycle could push your car into the truck if it was going fast enough. Did the Versa leave any skid marks? Sounds like she was speeding.

It was raining so idk, maybe the cops looked at it. I was to rattled to think about much

Was that on 58?

No mile marker 8 on 95 going north. Almost in emporia

sent from the staging lanes

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was raining so idk, maybe the cops looked at it. I was to rattled to think about much

No mile marker 8 on 95 going north. Almost in emporia

Yikes....wow...so sorry to hear about it, cars can be replaced, glad to hear everyone is ok....and being in a car when an airbag deploys is never fun....does the inside of the car smell like gunpowder?

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Everybody who has seen it thinks it should totaled. The right door is the only panel that looks to have no damage. Im headed to the doctor now to get checked out now

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good move and it can take a day or two for the adrenaline/shock to wear off and the injuries to show themselves.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Yikes....wow...so sorry to hear about it, cars can be replaced, glad to hear everyone is ok....and being in a car when an airbag deploys is never fun....does the inside of the car smell like gunpowder?

Omg yes, stinks like crazy!! It sucked cause i got hit, then there was a few seconds before i hit the other car, so in those few seconds i get the feeling knowing im about crash.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. It looks totaled for sure based on those photos. After I had a guy merge sideways into my old project car and total it, I've been paranoid about driving in stop and go traffic. I blink the brakes a ton and put huge gaps in. Not much else you can do sometimes though, especially if its very sudden. You can't stop other people from being stupid.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Everybody who has seen it thinks it should totaled. The right door is the only panel that looks to have no damage. Im headed to the doctor now to get checked out now

I look at cars everyday and we have fixed cars with worse damage, that insurance companies didnt total, because to total a vehicle the repairs have to equal about 70 % of the value of the car.

Fixed a brand new camaro that had 20k worth of damage to it and drove away this morning.

Def hit up the hospital!

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
I was in the right lane, got hit which shoved me into left when i hit the truck, so theres no way i hit the truck first.

I didn't say you hit the truck first. I was pointing out that in most states, you are responsible for being 'in control of your vehicle at all times' and they typically ticket you if you hit the rear end of a vehicle. I have seen several people get ticketed for the 3 car chain-reaction due to 'following too close' because, per the letter of the law, you were stopped too close to another vehicle.

Not saying that I agree at all, because I think the person that hit you initially should be responsible for all vehicles- but that's typically the way the law is interpreted. This is why everyone that rides with me gets so irritated by the fact that I stop 1.5-2 car lengths behind the car in front of me.

:oops:

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^This has happened to me twice here in Cali. Both times the driver that hit me was at fault because I was at a dead stop. Ironically, both times it happpened. I was in my stang.

Sorry to see that man. Hope your ok. The car can be replaced. Hope everything works out in your favor...

28ONE

Reaction score
That sucks dude! At least you're ok, cars can always be replaced. Hopefully they total it out, then get a 2013 GT500!!!

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
I didn't say you hit the truck first. I was pointing out that in most states, you are responsible for being 'in control of your vehicle at all times' and they typically ticket you if you hit the rear end of a vehicle. I have seen several people get ticketed for the 3 car chain-reaction due to 'following too close' because, per the letter of the law, you were stopped too close to another vehicle.

Not saying that I agree at all, because I think the person that hit you initially should be responsible for all vehicles- but that's typically the way the law is interpreted. This is why everyone that rides with me gets so irritated by the fact that I stop 1.5-2 car lengths behind the car in front of me.

I hear ya, i wasnt disagreeing with you, just giving my statement. But i havent got ticketed yet, although she wanted to.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

I believe that is the law in IL as well. If you get rear ended and pushed into rearending another person you get can get ticketed as well

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Im just thinking its kinda in my favor, cause i wasnt in the trucks lane. I got pushed into it. So i couldnt of been following too close
Imo anyways, hopefully everything works out, thanks for the kind remarks guys.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
6114a8fb-c616-47b6.jpg
6114a8fb-c622-ea49.jpg
6114a8fb-c630-7f39.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back