C&L intake manifold update! They are almost ready!!

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
any mods done period to the car doesnt count ! stock car with intake manifold only ! back to back runs with the same outside temp, water temp and Iat !

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about a GT500tb/C&L Intake on a head/cam car??

Keeping the faith these things are worth something and will be avalible soon...

:popcorneat:

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
any mods done period to the car doesnt count ! stock car with intake manifold only ! back to back runs with the same outside temp, water temp and Iat !

Because everyone on this forum, with no exception, has a stock car...

blackstallion06

forum member
Reaction score
I wish we could get a discount. I plan on buying one as well. Bama chips already have a tune for these as well so they will just upgrade my bama tune for free so works out for me

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I wish we could get a discount. I plan on buying one as well. Bama chips already have a tune for these as well so they will just upgrade my bama tune for free so works out for me
I wish someone would post some damn results of this already so we know if it's even worth buying or a piece of crap.

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
There was a dyno sheet on page 11 that showed a car with C & L racer intake and tune before and then intake manifold put on same car with minor low end gain and then minor loss between 3400-3900 and 15-17 top end gains

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
There was a dyno sheet on page 11 that showed a car with C & L racer intake and tune before and then intake manifold put on same car with minor low end gain and then minor loss between 3400-3900 and 15-17 top end gains
Wow that took forever. What a dissapointment. You won't find me paying 700 for only 15hp on the top end. 300 I'd think aboot it but 700.... no way in hell. Especially considering I have to pay an automatic +30% for exchange rate and gst and then the ridiculous shipping rates to here. No spank you mam.

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
the 15 to 17 is on a bone stock one with intake only so i am just waiting to see the monster gains on one with a procharger which i will be going to in about a year

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
the 15 to 17 is on a bone stock one with intake only so i am just waiting to see the monster gains on one with a procharger which i will be going to in about a year
Yea I would interested in seeing the difference on a FI application.

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i did not read the whole thing but the first page caugh my attetion. how much money are we talking about ? and i see a lot of guys interested on a groupbuy, i'll also be interested. depending on the price.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that took forever. What a dissapointment. You won't find me paying 700 for only 15hp on the top end. 300 I'd think aboot it but 700.... no way in hell. Especially considering I have to pay an automatic +30% for exchange rate and gst and then the ridiculous shipping rates to here. No spank you mam.

numbers can be twisted around with a mere 1 degree of timing.....thats why when you buy half these products you never get the results as the aftermarket companies do ! (REMEMBER CARS MAY VERY ) LOL !

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
NO ......thats how you do testing (smart guy )

I don't agree. I don't know many people who are going to be adding an aftermarket intake manifold that don't have basic bolt ons ... A good chance that a lot of them will even have cams and heads.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
numbers can be twisted around with a mere 1 degree of timing.....thats why when you buy half these products you never get the results as the aftermarket companies do ! (REMEMBER CARS MAY VERY ) LOL !

Im not trying to be an ass to c@l .....I did have there racer intake @ have used the MAF in pass years with no problems , and lee's a pretty good guy over there !

Im kinda just speaking in general about aftermarket parts untill there proven over and over again :beerdrink:

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't agree. I don't know many people who are going to be adding an aftermarket intake manifold that don't have basic bolt ons ... A good chance that a lot of them will even have cams and heads.

your missing the point , you have to get a baseline to start period ,and go from there . Until you see what the manifold does buy itself , then start adding you boltons and go from there.... you never will know what part got what in the means of Hp

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
your missing the point , you have to get a baseline to start period ,and go from there . Until you see what the manifold does buy itself , then start adding you boltons and go from there.... you never will know what part got what in the means of Hp

That's kind of like saying you should add a 95mm maf tube to a completely stock car to find out what kind of power it'd make. Don't you think the 95mm maf tube would be better suited if you actually had a reason for it like an intake, cams, heads, etc? I guess we just see it differently. Maybe C&L will give us both !! :beerdrink:

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
NO ......thats how you do testing (smart guy )

Yeah, I was drinking a bit of whiskey when I posted that:beer:

My point being that just because something doesn't make a ton of power on a stock car doesn't mean it wont make a huge difference on a head and cams car. I'd like to see the intake tested on a totally stock car, but going from a CAI and dynotune and adding this intake with a new dynotune is a pretty good starting place too.
Dan

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yeah, I was drinking a bit of whiskey when I posted that:beer:

My point being that just because something doesn't make a ton of power on a stock car doesn't mean it wont make a huge difference on a head and cams car. I'd like to see the intake tested on a totally stock car, but going from a CAI and dynotune and adding this intake with a new dynotune is a pretty good starting place too.
Dan

This intake is going to require a tune at the very least.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Spoke to Doug @ Bamachips, and he is doing a lot of the testing on these...he quoted, "A bolt-on car with C&L Racer, and full exhaust (headers and all) the intake made 27 rwhp over peak before the intake...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back