C&L intake manifold update! They are almost ready!!

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Spoke to Doug @ Bamachips, and he is doing a lot of the testing on these...he quoted, "A bolt-on car with C&L Racer, and full exhaust (headers and all) the intake made 27 rwhp over peak before the intake...

sounds good to me....

Is an additional increase possible then with cams and heads on an n/a car?

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
Spoke to Doug @ Bamachips, and he is doing a lot of the testing on these...he quoted, "A bolt-on car with C&L Racer, and full exhaust (headers and all) the intake made 27 rwhp over peak before the intake...

I can see that. I have what you might call a full bolt on car (no TB, but everything else really) and my car just stops making power at 5k RPM.

dynoql9.jpg

120 MPH is basically 4900 RPM (3.31 with stock 17s and tires). If the intake allows the engine to breath even just 500 RPM higher I'd be making around 330 HP (assuming that the torque output is roughly the same at 5400 RPM).
Dan

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
I can see that. I have what you might call a full bolt on car (no TB, but everything else really) and my car just stops making power at 5k RPM.

dynoql9.jpg

120 MPH is basically 4900 RPM (3.31 with stock 17s and tires). If the intake allows the engine to breath even just 500 RPM higher I'd be making around 330 HP (assuming that the torque output is roughly the same at 5400 RPM).
Dan

hmm what do you call all bolt-ons? You must be missing something since the power #'s are 305 std, sae should be around 298 or so.

Andrew

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
hmm what do you call all bolt-ons? You must be missing something since the power #'s are 305 std, sae should be around 298 or so.

Andrew

Anything that doesn't touch the long block and isn't a power adder, basically anything along the exhaust or intake tracks (not including the manifold here since one isn't out yet).
Dan

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
well you are missing UDP or eh2o which is good for around 9hp or so. you tuning for 93? Dunno if it is me but with your long tubes and off road/h there should be some power left in there. Do you have the stock axle-backs?

Andrew

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
Also, The car only had about 1700 miles on it when it was dynoed, and while the A/F is good it could use more timing everywhere.

If you car to calculate the torque at ~4500 RPM (110 MPH), I'g going to call that 289 RWHP STD, or 281 RWHP SAE which I'll use to calculate. So 281*5252/4500 gives 327 ft-lb of torque. Do the same at 4100 RPM (100 MPH) and you get 335 ft-lb.
Dan

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
well you are missing UDP or eh2o which is good for around 9hp or so. you tuning for 93? Dunno if it is me but with your long tubes and off road/h there should be some power left in there. Do you have the stock axle-backs?

Andrew

Dyno had stock axle backs, no UDP, Bama's 93 race tune after 2 degrees of timing was added to every level (no global spark added). If/when I get this intake I'll see if I can do a before and after at the dyno shop, since it takes all of 5 minutes to swap intakes on this car.
Dan

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
yeap but the #'s are std. You should try putting much more timming to see. IMHO if you put the UDP (jim III has them for $100 right now for sale) you should be in the 320 range or so

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
All of this is beside my point. Every graph I have seen of an NA car the motor just starts to choke above 5k RPM. I thought it was possibly the cam, but now I'm starting to think it might be the intake, given the graph on page 11.
Dan

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All of this is beside my point. Every graph I have seen of an NA car the motor just starts to choke above 5k RPM. I thought it was possibly the cam, but now I'm starting to think it might be the intake, given the graph on page 11.
Dan

Ill scan mine for you and show that it comes alive at 5K... and I have a mild cam.:snoopy

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine pretty much flatlines at 5 but doesn't drop off now this was stock cams,heads,ect. only had udp's, intake, tune,offroad h now this hoe pulls like a champ over 5k lmao

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
my n/a flat lined after 5.5k with a racer intake. 311/326 tq Running 11.86 a/f so I had still some hp/tq left @ that time but the damn sct wouldn't let me lean it more at that time. That was with JBA Shorties, CMCV, c&l racer, offroad-x, corsa exhaust SAE #'s.

Andrew

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Mine started to even out at 5200 but kept pulling till almost 5900 where my max power was at. I made max tq at 4365. The max power and tq were made pretty well dead on the same rpm #'s from my first time on the dyno till my last. (20 runs and +32hp and +27tq)

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
lol, 2k, I forgot how hard your dyno graph is to read...
Yea I wish the dyno software would let you pick the colors so I could have the light colors for lower numbers and black for the best run lol. I got another of just the best run ill scan one of these days.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back