CAI on kennebell stage2

kepsus

Reaction score
Hi , does anyone know if i can buy a CAI to my mustang gt with kenne bell stage 2, that one they come with the kit looks like .....

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Easy to make, if you can cut intake pipe!

kbchromepipe-sideview.jpg

Here's what I used to make that:
- a 4" 45* polished pipe, with 3" cut off one end (that's the end that goes up against the KB TB adapter)
- another 45* 4" pipe, with 7-1/4" cut from one end and 3-1/2" from the other end; the longer end goes down to the maf housing. (I later cut off another 2")
- coupled to the first cut pipe with a 4" hump hose near the water reservoir; coupled on the bottom end to the maf with a straight 4" coupler

My BEC and PCM are completely out of the way.

Last edited:

kepsus

Reaction score
wow that looks so nice..
Would you be able to sell one ?? :-D

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
wow that looks so nice..
Would you be able to sell one ?? :-D

Exactly like that, yeah I could put a kit together...but it might not fit your setup.

Like I said, my BEC and PCM are NOT where KB has you relocate them to. This pipe setup could interfere with the standard BEC relocation.

:hi:

kepsus

Reaction score
right now i have a catch/oil bretaher tank, but would like to make it "standard", the pcm are moved like used to in the Kenne bell Kit.
Is the maf located like "normal" kb setup

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The maf is close to where KB has you put it. I actually lowered mine by 2", using a flat metal brace connected to the ma housing and body, so that the maf connector was not hitting anything and could be disconnected easily.
So, the length of the pipe going down through the front is about 2" longer than what most people would have.

kepsus

Reaction score
ok i was looking to put the maf , closer to the TP. I have some problem when i am in speed that it make some strange value on maf, when i only put a very small amount on throttle on it.

I was hoping it could help if i move it a Little.

If you drive "fast" and take clutch and slip throttle.. does it die , or go very unstable, until the car have reach lower speed.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back