California emissions and long tubes

46addict

Reaction score
Buddy of mine in northern california sez you can't smoke in your car if anybody is < 21 years of age. And you can't smoke in the parking lot of the state parks either.
You 1st have to boot your < 21 kids outa the car, then roll up the windows, then light up.

We have warnings on all sorts of house hold products these days, + gardening products. Typ... 'may cause cancer as per California lab tests'. " this product has been proven to cause cancer in the state of california". 'drinking roundup can cause death'. 'do not drink gasoline products'. 'do not dispose of full, or partially full propane bottles in a fire'.

Then we have all the new... ' idle free zone'. "Do not idle your engine for more than a maximum of 3 minutes. Failure to comply will result in severe penalties, including fines".

I got busted by local mall security at 11:55 PM, waiting for a friend to pick up a prescription from the late night pharmacy. The pharmacy was the only store open, and they closed at midnight. I was the only car in the parking lot, way down at one end, closest to the main street / sidewalk. Mall security prick must have walked for 15 mins to find me, it a huge L shaped mall parking lot. Reads me the riot act about smoking on mall property..(in a light wind no less). I walk 6' over to the sidewalk..and all is well. Friend comes out, mall cop is off shift in 2 mins at midnight, then we proceed to lay some rubber on the way out.

:lmaf::lmaf:

Do you still have the rear sensors plugged in? Your tuner should be able to prevent those codes by modifying the transfer function.

Confirming that I was able to pass inspection with the modified transfer function and no o2 spacers of any kind. Having the o2 sensors installed allows all monitors to be ON and ready for OBD readiness.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Do you still have the rear sensors plugged in? Your tuner should be able to prevent those codes by modifying the transfer function.

Rear O2 sensors plugged in. VMP doesn't appear to be able to modify the transfer function in my tune. JDM, etc, none of them have it figured out either. The only one that I heard that can do it is LITO...(Lito only tunes 3V 05-10 engs). VMP et all, won't shut off the rear o2's these days. They stopped doing that a while back.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back