Call of Duty: Ghosts

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
I'm still debating on pick thing this up but I'm going to NC for my buddies wedding Friday to Sunday then work two days and going up to Clemson for a football game we so if I get it it'll be next week

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
how much of an improvement is this over the last couple? Ive havent really been into COD for a while now. I rocked MW2 tho lol.

Compared to MW2 this game is a masterpiece, well IMO bc i thought MW2 was the worst entry in the series.

I tried the MSRS whatever the burst fire gun is last night. Pretty sweet set up. But I picked up a silenced Remington R5, with the variable zoom sight on it and that thing was wicked!

I need to start unlocking some more perks though, I am pretty much just using the default ones like scavenger, etc.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Guys, I didn't read the whole thread so please be gentle if this was already covered... but...

This game is just Modern Warfare 4. I opened the ISO and all of the original code from MW1, 2 and 3 are still in it. I thought this was going to be a "new" game. You can call Juggernaut a Maniac all you want, it's still a rehash.

It's been 8 years since anything fresh came out of that camp. I am pretty disappointed.

5LitersofLoud

Reaction score
Guys, I didn't read the whole thread so please be gentle if this was already covered... but...

This game is just Modern Warfare 4. I opened the ISO and all of the original code from MW1, 2 and 3 are still in it. I thought this was going to be a "new" game. You can call Juggernaut a Maniac all you want, it's still a rehash.

It's been 8 years since anything fresh came out of that camp. I am pretty disappointed.

Not to defend Activision or attack Marcspaz but to everyone saying it's the same game sold over and over. What would you do in their position to keep the faithful buying but satisfy the need for a whole new game. Seems to me the criteria are somewhat opposing one another since people don't really like change.
Also doesn't the hardware limit the code somewhat? Xbox hasn't changed for a longtime, pc development isn't as rapid as it used to be either so consider cross platform issues and the fact you have a budget with margin targets to satisfy as well.
If what you come up with is awesome maybe ea or someone will make you rich and you can be the one who finally killed COD.

To me it's the same topic as the 2015 mustang ie Ford sucks because they didn't do it my way. The fact my way is totally independent of reality shouldn't matter for the purposes of internet whining.

Blame Tapatalk

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score

Of course it has some of the same code. You try making such a huge game from scratch in just 2 years. To me, the upgraded graphics, completely new story line, new weapons, new maps, new creat-a-class system, and new experience qualifies as a new game. Also, the Maniac is clearly a type of Juggernaut as it says it in the description.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
It would be impossible for them to do a ground up re-code for PS3 and Xbox360, plus deal with PS4 and Xbox1 all at the same time.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Of course it has some of the same code. You try making such a huge game from scratch in just 2 years. To me, the upgraded graphics, completely new story line, new weapons, new maps, new creat-a-class system, and new experience qualifies as a new game. Also, the Maniac is clearly a type of Juggernaut as it says it in the description.

I agree^ You can call it a fresh coat of paint if you want but its a damn nice coat of paint. This game to me "feels" very different than the last 2 IW COD games.

and Juggernaut in COD4 was a perk, Maniac is a kill streak way stronger than Juggernaut in cod 4 lol

Next year I think may be the first time we get an all new COD bc it will probably be next gen only.

When was the last time any game franchise was completely new? and didnt reuse code?

Last edited:

HushH

forum member
Reaction score
IW said from the beginning that it would not be a new engine, just a revamp of the current one. But I agree, the game definitely has a different feel to it. I've not had any of the lag comp and hit detection issues I had in the past few releases.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like this game is worth buying huh? i have been really not interested in the COD line up lately, just got bored i guess. Are their any large maps for sniping?

Last edited:

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I still havent played every map yet, but there are 2 for sure that ideal for sniping. One is wide open, lots of elevation changes outside a castle, that is sniper paradise. there are some other large maps that are good for sniping as well.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Black Ops 2 so far has been the best, most competitive COD to date. I can't wait until next year so I can throw this game to the side, but then again it hasn't even been a full week since it's release. I guess I'll wait it out to see what fixes and updates come into play by the end of the year.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
To be honest the maniac is one of the things I like least about the game. they seem to fly thru the air kill you. Made him way to powerful

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Staff Officer in me cringes at his use of the phrase "literally the exact same maps"... They are not the exact same; otherwise they would look "the exact same".

But he does have a point. Looks like they reused the basic structure.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The guy narrating that video is one of the best COD players in the world. Quite a bit of the competitive community are upset about this game and the graphics overall. It really is a huge step back from Black Ops 2. It just sucks that companies like MLG are under contract for games like this and have to move on to the newest version no matter the quality. Hopefully Bungie nails Destiny, and some of the future games on Xbox One bring back a quality, competitive FPS.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They don't make these games for the competitive community; they make them for general consumer. I imagine as long as the game continues to sell, they will keep doing the se thing.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
every time a new cod comes out everyone says how much it sucks and how the last one was sooo much better. Its all quite annoying, Just play the damn game and if you dont like it stick to the one you do.... or dont. I dont care.

Back