Camber, where are you set at?

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
After getting everything installed(wheels,tires, airlift) I went to air out the other day and my front fenders rub pretty good on the tires. To the point that it left marks on the front tires after only sitting on them for maybe 20 seconds. Jeremy suggested I probably need some negative camber and Im sure he is right. Im just not sure how much or where to even start. This is all new to me so Im looking for some help/advice.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
what kind of mileage you going to be putting on it. i personally like between 1.5 and 2 degrees negative. doesnt wear the tires to badly, and helps in the handling department

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
Not a whole lot. 5-7k a year probably. I am going to look after work for the specs of the alignment from the other day. They gave me a printout.

408Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I run - 1.5 camber and +7.5 caster with 1/16th toe... But you'll need C. C. plated to make those adjustments on an S197

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
So here is what it was aligned at according to the spec sheet I was given.

Camber: L -.4 R -.6 Caster: L 6.83 R 6.95 Toe: L .09 R .11

Im assuming I need them to redo it and put more camber in but I am unsure of the rest.

408Stang

forum member
Reaction score
That's definitely the middle of the range for stock specs. If you autocross or track a few times a year then go more aggressive.

01mingreyvert

forum member
Reaction score
I run -1.5 also. But I put eibach or spc camber bolts where the spindle bolts up so I don't have to remove the strut assembly to make small adjustments. Left the top the way it came from airlift. You could easily dial in some more negative camber with a set of $25 bolts and not have to remove a lot.

408Stang

forum member
Reaction score
+7.5 caster and .10 toe works good for me for autocross and street.

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
THanks guys. I going to get everything redone next week. Just sucks for the show this weekend the car wont be completely aired out. Gonna have to leave the fronts at like 15 or 20 psi. lol

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I wish the struts were easier to adjust camber on without having to unbolt it from the top. A fully adjustable camber/caster plate for airlift setup would kick ass if adjustable from under the hood

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I would swap those things out in a minute if they showed up. I don't like the camber bolt in my front spindles

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
I dont like that idea either. The bolt only moves the hub correct? The strut itself stays where its at?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
As far as I know, the strut will stay more or less the same angle, the hub will then pivot on the lower spindle bolt as the top one is rotated.

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I figured. Yeah, I will just deal with dropping the whole assembly.
Now how exactly do you read the lines on the plates?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back