cams effect emiion tests

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Can cams in particular 127550 pass emmissions test, no sniffer just obdll scan

Yes. OBD only tests for ready status of the sensors. The tune has to have all emissions sensors turned on and reporting. Some states will let you have a not ready code, some won't.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes. OBD only tests for ready status of the sensors. The tune has to have all emissions sensors turned on and reporting. Some states will let you have a not ready code, some won't.

I believe the cats MUST be installed for the rear O2 sensors to read ready, right?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I believe the cats MUST be installed for the rear O2 sensors to read ready, right?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

People get around it. I've never tried so I don't know the exact formula needed to do it. My state still does an idle sniffer along with obd just to make sure the cats are there. The state law says only obd but the testing stations have an agenda to stay alive past 2019. 2019 is when all emissions testing will be shut down for my state.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
People get around it. I've never tried so I don't know the exact formula needed to do it. My state still does an idle sniffer along with obd just to make sure the cats are there. The state law says only obd but the testing stations have an agenda to stay alive past 2019. 2019 is when all emissions testing will be shut down for my state.

Interesting, I've been hearing more and more that emissions testing with new cars standards is a complete waste of tax dollars. Thank God I don't have emission testing where I live.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
Yea nj is just obd, i was gonna putt kooks catted H pype on with stacked foulers with stainless steal wool in them hope it works with the cams

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had 127450 cams with LT headers and a catted x-pipe. I put non foulers in just for extra measure and was able to pass ODB test. It took forever to get the driving cycle to take though after loading the tune.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
I had 127450 cams with LT headers and a catted x-pipe. I put non foulers in just for extra measure and was able to pass ODB test. It took forever to get the driving cycle to take though after loading the tune.

Did u stack 2 foulers or do a single on each o2 sensor

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back