Cam's (GallopingFord) 2012 GT500 Build Thread

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Cam, your car looks so good without the stripe, the first thing I thought was how classy it looks without it.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
:roflmao::roflmao:

Fair enough. They are badass though! I might not have the Shelby for long lol

GTR time? I went to cars and coffee the other week and saw a killer looking blue one.

Cam, your car looks so good without the stripe, the first thing I thought was how classy it looks without it.

Thanks man. I sometimes look at it and wish it had stripes, but I love the way it looks as is.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
ZR1 or R8 I think

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fair enough, either or would be sweet

Finally got this sucker today, I like the little things.

edu6a2e2.jpg

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Yeah I cant decide lol.

Looks sweet Cam! I am trying to sell my subs in place of some Shaker 1000s and putting a cover like that back there since I tore my stock one up lol

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, just found this, your car looks good Cam. If you need someone to demo that raptor so you can drive your gt500 I'll gladly help. :evil:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Managed to order a MRT O/R from Jay@Hypermotive today and snagged a used Roush gauge pod on eBay. Hopefully Stiegmeier gets my TVS tomorrow.

I will probably order a Aeroforce later this week from Lethal thanks to my GFs bday giftcard.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just picked up a single Aeroforce gauge and the 3.5bar boost sensor kit.

Thinking of just leaving the stock pulley on the 13TVS for time being and then when I get bored I'll crank it up.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Just picked up a single Aeroforce gauge and the 3.5bar boost sensor kit.

Thinking of just leaving the stock pulley on the 13TVS for time being and then when I get bored I'll crank it up.

You should just have Steig swap it while it's there. They're a pain in the ass to swap, so that would save you the trouble for, let's be honest, when you swap it soon after anyway. There's no point in having all this work done, but leaving some HP on the table with a pulley swap that could be done now.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You should just have Steig swap it while it's there. They're a pain in the ass to swap, so that would save you the trouble for, let's be honest, when you swap it soon after anyway. There's no point in having all this work done, but leaving some HP on the table with a pulley swap that could be done now.

That was the plan, but they told me the pulley they would swap on for the TVS were on hold since they were in the process of coming out with a 2.45" The other thing that makes me hesitant of swapping right out of the get-go is I'd probably have to upgrade injectors and it's just money I'd like to hold off on.

I was talking with their rep and they were telling me that the 2.4" doesn't work properly and the grooves are troublesome, but I haven't seen anything on the interwebs.

Who knows, I can always change my mind.

I need to put an order in for a C/R HE soon too.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
That was the plan, but they told me the pulley they would swap on for the TVS were on hold since they were in the process of coming out with a 2.45" The other thing that makes me hesitant of swapping right out of the get-go is I'd probably have to upgrade injectors and it's just money I'd like to hold off on.

I was talking with their rep and they were telling me that the 2.4" doesn't work properly and the grooves are troublesome, but I haven't seen anything on the interwebs.

Who knows, I can always change my mind.

I need to put an order in for a C/R HE soon too.

Which 2.4 are they referring to? If it's the stainless VMP then yes, they're crap. Not sure what the grooves look like on their stock look black 2.4, but the grooves on the stainless pulley are garbage and the belt slips like crazy. We just went through this on my buddys car.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice improvements so far Cam. Can't wait to see the "finished" product. (We all know they're never really finished)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back