Cam's (GallopingFord) Bullitt Build Thread

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The FRPP throttle body won't do much now, but it will really shine once you add forced induction.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The FRPP throttle body won't do much now, but it will really shine once you add forced induction.

Yeah, it's really minor with just the frpp manifold, 90mm intake and LTs.

Do two 12 inch resonators.

I was thinking about doing it but will have to put it on back burner since I am going back to school in a week. Will still need to find a place to get them installed and someone who can help me install these aerocatch hood latches. Sucks not having my shop at school to go to.

How's that splitter? Pics?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing it but will have to put it on back burner since I am going back to school in a week. Will still need to find a place to get them installed and someone who can help me install these aerocatch hood latches. Sucks not having my shop at school to go to.

How's that splitter? Pics?

I'm installing a set of Aerocatch pins as soon as the car is back from paint.

Car got done 2am the morning before leaving for Mustang Week with the splitter being the last item. It made it down there and back again with some spirited highway pulls. That said, I'm going to make some support brackets for it. Looks good, though.

DSC_7912.jpg

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Don't be a puss. I've taken a dremel to many a carbon fiber hoods to install aerocatch pins.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I just have no balls. Cutting into my stock hood...

Took car out to lunch today. Finally done with looking everything over on suspension, I love this new exhaust. Even the drone I've come to enjoy with this thing for some odd reason.

c6e4c899-a1ec-3789.jpg

Check out brembo clearance with a 7/8" spacer -

c6e4c899-a209-eb0c.jpg

c6e4c899-a214-2de6.jpg

c6e4c899-a221-be4d.jpg

It's tighttttt

Wheels are perfect on the wheel wells -

c6e4c899-a263-f4e4.jpg

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great Cam. Hope you get it all buttoned up before you return to school and no incidents!

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I like it. when you change your mind and decide to buy new wheels I'll buy those spacers off of you. LOL!!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I got $20 on 2 weeks!!

August 17th!

you know I'm just giving you a hard time. It looks really good as is right now.

How's Vanilla coming along? (Allie's Mustang)

Haha. All the guys in the shop tease me about the shit too, they see me working on the car and they joke about wagers on how long it will be on there.

Her car is coming along pretty nicely, nothing really new added except I am putting in the AM smoked LED 3rd brake light and painting her decklid faux gas cap black like mine. Should have the tint installed also next week.

vernogt

Reaction score
Just read this whole thread, and I have to say it is one of the best ones I have read for the S197. I have a black 06 GT to which I just installed Mutha Thumpr Cams, Steeda CMDP Headers, O/R X-pipe with the stock mufflers. Had the car since new and just started modding it this summer. Where did you get the wheel spacers? I want to put Brembos on too, but want to keep my stock fan blades. Also, how much do the factory HID headlights run new?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just read this whole thread, and I have to say it is one of the best ones I have read for the S197. I have a black 06 GT to which I just installed Mutha Thumpr Cams, Steeda CMDP Headers, O/R X-pipe with the stock mufflers. Had the car since new and just started modding it this summer. Where did you get the wheel spacers? I want to put Brembos on too, but want to keep my stock fan blades. Also, how much do the factory HID headlights run new?

Thanks man.

-I got my wheel spacers from www.mustangwheelspacers.com. They have a great setup and the kits are great.

-Factory HID lights retail around $1200 last I checked, that's per so you would be looking for about $2000-2400 a set plus the harness. I got mine from one of our customers who didn't want HID lights and so I bought him a set of halogens and traded him straight up. They usually come up every now and again on forums or eBay ranging $500-$800 a set. The harness is like $100 and then setting them up isn't too bad, just a couple wires and resistors.

vernogt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'll check the spacers out. The headlights are a bit too much for me now. Maybe once the go fast parts are bought!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back