Cams

HorseOnRoids

Blue Indigo
Reaction score
Well i gone with the Hot Rod cams.... Just ordered them yesterday now cant wait to install them and hear em thanks to all of you alls post they were very helpful

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Well i gone with the Hot Rod cams.... Just ordered them yesterday now cant wait to install them and hear em thanks to all of you alls post they were very helpful

:thumb::beer: I waited a long time. Passed up amany a different sets but I KNEW I wanted the Hotrods. Pounced on a NIB set for $550 shipped.:evillaugh: WELL WORTH THE WAIT!

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Not sure. I have seen guys run them with blowers but they obviously are not on par(hp wise) with blower specific camshafts.

I agree, the LSA is tight for a blower cam. However, I made 569/481 corrected at 14lbs of boost last Saturday with the Hot Rods.

usafimj

Reaction score
My next set of cams when I build my motor will be BBR stage II's

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
I love my Hot Rods....They sound bad ass.....And I picked up a total after tune and everything 52 rwhp and 36 rwtq from them.....I posted a video below of when I was pulling off of the dyno......and please excuse the talking in the middle of the video....she was trying to tell me that she was recording again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJsNW6A8id8

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
ok well w/ MY expierience i think the hot rods sucked .. yes they sounded great, but if i had to do it all over over again, i would have chosen a different cam.. one that was more power adder friendly.. my car w/ pretty much the same mods and nitrous shot as you (125 wet shot w/ a nano kit) only made 398whp on the dyno through the cats and w/ a 3k stall. and then after i would run an aftermarket tune because i didnt like how the dyno tune felt, there was always a misfire code, and the issue w/ the OD light and the trans.. maybe my issueS and poor numbers were just tune related but who knows..i wasnt happy to say the least.

Last edited:

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
ok well w/ MY expierience i think the hot rods sucked .. yes they sounded great, but if i had to do it all over over again, i would have chosen a different cam.. one that was more power adder friendly.. my car w/ pretty much the same mods and nitrous shot as you (125 wet shot w/ a nano kit) only made 398whp on the dyno through the cats and w/ a 3k stall. and then after i would run an aftermarket tune because i didnt like how the dyno tune felt, there was always a misfire code, and the issue w/ the OD light and the trans.. maybe my issueS and poor numbers were just tune related but who knows..i wasnt happy to say the least.

Yeah, it sounds like it was more tune related than the cams. BTW, congrats on that '11, how do you like it so far?

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like it was more tune related than the cams. BTW, congrats on that '11, how do you like it so far?

other then the BS clutch issues (pedal sticking and the trashed stock clutch/flywheel assembly from the poor design) i love the car.. the motor is GREAT.. i just wish all the problems w/ the clutch were non existant, but thats what i get for getting the first model year of a new car.. overall i do really LOVE this car. and the clutch assembly/mechanism is my ONLY complaint.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
other then the BS clutch issues (pedal sticking and the trashed stock clutch/flywheel assembly from the poor design) i love the car.. the motor is GREAT.. i just wish all the problems w/ the clutch were non existant, but thats what i get for getting the first model year of a new car.. overall i do really LOVE this car. and the clutch assembly/mechanism is my ONLY complaint.

Got ya, thanks. Man, it's hard to believe you guys can run mid 12's with 3.31 gears! :thumb2: I have 4.10's and I will be lucky to get into the 12's at all, lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back