Car Alarm went off

rocket

Mustang militia!
Reaction score
I don't have a owners manual, so I have no idea what came standard as an alarm. Are they just a break in alarm, or is there a movement detection? If there is a motion or movement setting where is the adjustment for it?
I had the battery disconnected earlier for a shifter changeover, Thats all I did out of the norm, also the gps fell off the window,(lost suction). could that be it??

Last edited:

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah that might be it if the GPS fell off depending how hard or where it fell. I don't think there's a way to adjust the motion. But if you do have the alarm the motion sensors are on the sides of the dome lights.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
..make sure if you have your keys in your pocket that the panic button doesn't get pressed... I've done that a few times. [keep it clean]
But yeah, a sudden fall inside the car would trigger any motion sensing.

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
I always wondered what those things were on the side of my map lights lol. I do know I hit the lock button on my remote but had my camera in the seat. Reached in and the car went nuts lol.

rocket

Mustang militia!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I had no idea, I did try a search, first, btw.

053vstang

Reaction score
I also had no idea about the dome light motion sensor. My alarm has tripped a couple of times and I had no Idea why, until now!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
..make sure if you have your keys in your pocket that the panic button doesn't get pressed... I've done that a few times. [keep it clean]
But yeah, a sudden fall inside the car would trigger any motion sensing.

I learned this years ago with my first Ford with a built in alarm. I ended up taking my key fobs apart and prying out the triggers underneath the panic buttons. No more accidental alarm tripping! When I bought my Bullitt I did the same with both key fobs the first night I owned it. There is absolutely no reason on earth why I would want to intentionally set off my alarm if I'm close enough to the vehicle for the key fob to work.

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
The panic button is great for scaring the crap out of nosy kids getting to close to your car, and you don't even need to get off the couch to do it!

Back