Car dyno'd today after the Hot Rod cams and Kooks LT's

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock the car made 244 hp/265 tq and before the cams/LT's the car made 289 hp/306 tq; my car is an automatic with 410 gears in it and the rest of the mods are listed in my signature; made 2 pulls today and the car made 320 hp and 309 tq with an increase of 40 hp/31 tq at 6200 rpm's over the previous pull...the car stops making power at 6500.

I am happy with the gains the car has made since coming off the showroom floor, almost 80 hp and 40 tq...need to get it to the track to see what kind of numbers it runs.

The numbers line up with the claimed gains-25 for the cams and 15 for the LT's is what I have read/heard which is spot on with what I gained...I am sure I would have seen more of an increase if I was a manual/stock gears.

A/F was 12.6-12.8 all the way across...92.45 degrees, 30.35 in Hg and 8% humidity.

This was done on a BBR/JLT tune, I was a dumbass and forgot to load the dyno tune from Tillman onto the X3 as I wanted to compare the differences/power changes if any from the tunes....I don't think there would be much power difference on a NA car.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very nice. now i never did a dyno run before who drives it you are the person dynoing your car

For safety/insurance purposes the owner of the dyno drives the car...I was in the shop watching the results on the remote monitor.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
my car will be getting dynoed and tuned in a week or 2.. my mods are similar to yours except i have a stall, 3.73's, C&L racer, and the cmcv deleats.. and no BBK TB. im going to have them get me a tuned whp # before the 125 shot, and then after of coarse.. and i will also be posting those #'s here for comparison.. im REALLY hoping to get 330-340whp off the spray but i doubt that will happen.. good n/a #'s tho!!:thumb: however im kind of dissapointed that those cams quit making power at 6500.. ? ? i had read alot of places that the topend gains w/ these cams were suppose to be good.. maybe that was just for torque...?

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whose tune are you using? I was hoping for the same numbers you are...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL...damn moderators...j/k...I tried to keep it tech related with all the "tech" data but to no avail...

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
We're pretty similar in mods. I don't have LT's or UD pulley. 3.55 gears. The comp cams Thumpr stage 2's picked me up from 281whp/302wtq to 330whp/325wtq. Currently working on getting the car re-tuned, as I'm having issues with the mid-range power band. Might squeeze a little more out of 'em but I want to keep the A/F around 13.0. Sits at 12.6 atm.

Excellent gains bro!

RSKtakR

Reaction score
im just using a canned BBR tune for now.. but its not right really.. its either to lean or to rich as my cats are REALLY smelling like ass, and they have been in for 200 miles allready. and since its not working quite right is the reason it is going to get a dyno tune.. dont get me wrong, Chris and John were GREAT when it came to customer service and working w/ me and trying to get it right but sh*t happens, and this tune was just suppose to get my by so i could get some miles on the car etc until dyno tune day... dont those CMCV's deletes normally get about +10whp??

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We're pretty similar in mods. I don't have LT's or UD pulley. 3.55 gears. The comp cams Thumpr stage 2's picked me up from 281whp/302wtq to 330whp/325wtq. Currently working on getting the car re-tuned, as I'm having issues with the mid-range power band. Might squeeze a little more out of 'em but I want to keep the A/F around 13.0. Sits at 12.6 atm.

Excellent gains bro!

You will have better numbers being a manual..sigh..the price of not having the 3rd pedal!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im just using a canned BBR tune for now.. but its not right really.. its either to lean or to rich as my cats are REALLY smelling like ass, and they have been in for 200 miles allready. and since its not working quite right is the reason it is going to get a dyno tune.. dont get me wrong, Chris and John were GREAT when it came to customer service and working w/ me and trying to get it right but sh*t happens, and this tune was just suppose to get my by so i could get some miles on the car etc until dyno tune day... dont those CMCV's deletes normally get about +10whp??

I plan on running the BBR and Tillman tune at the track to see if there is any difference.

I think 10 hp is a little high for the CMCV deletes but being an automatic I have quickly learned that whatever gains are made on the manual cars are not as high on the automatic's.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why dont you get a stall?? that should help w/ these cams shouldnt it?

May be worth looking into...since other than heads and possibly the FRRP intake I have nothing left to do to the car as far as bolt ons go.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
May be worth looking into...since other than heads and possibly the FRRP intake I have nothing left to do to the car as far as bolt ons go.

exactly.. my stall was one of the first mods i did.. it feels LOTS different, but i like it, i would be EXTATIC to get 330-340whp n/a but i have no clue what it will get.. however i took all this into consideration in bumping the spray upto 125 from the 100 and i bought a BAP and a nano kit. hopefully it will get to my goal of 450whp on the spray...safely! lol after i get the BAP and nano kit it.. i believe im done modding.. until i get the aluminator :popcorneat::naughty1:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
but keep in mind that the FRPP intake is heavier then your stock one, AND gains arent very good unless you have head work done.... so i have read.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or return it to stock and get a 5.0..the numbers that thing is putting out makes me sick.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think the FRRP intake is heavier..they are both composite plastic....I would like to see what type of gains people make with them before I buy one..wondering if they will help on a cam'd/LT car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back