car fixed, sorta

tyler_2118

forum member
Reaction score
I got a new tps and that fixed the idle problem and the car goin into safe mode. Now the car feels sluggish and kinda lugs when you give it gas, dident use to before and the exhaust sounds different like a little deeper? any one have any ideas? does the tps need to be broke in.

tyler_2118

forum member
Reaction score
ya sorry I have the whipple kit with the ford tune and when I got home I reloaded the tune and it didn't really help.

Last edited:

tyler_2118

forum member
Reaction score
it doesn't make sense cause I have ran it on that tune for a year with no problems.

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
check your intake. my car shut off before while i was driving it because the intake was loose. Check all the screws, make sure they are tight, and make sure the screws one pull on anything to make them loose when the motor twists

tyler_2118

forum member
Reaction score
just checked its all tight but it did have more of an air sound. I forgot to mention they also changed the fuel filter.

Lonestar

forum member
Reaction score
"more of an air sound" as in a sucking/whistle.. that usually means there is an intake leak somewhere, and would expalin why your car is acting funny.

and do you have any way to check the fuel pressure? maybe you have the wrong filter on your car or it was installed the wrong way (if its even possible on the 3v)

tyler_2118

forum member
Reaction score
i donno about the filter and I will listen more closley tomorrow, the car was definitely lugging cause it was making the shifter rattle in second, which has never happened before but got better after I reloaded the tune.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its gonna take a little time to relearn the tune becuase of the tps change. Even if the new tps is even .1 volts difference from the old it can effect driveability and the current tune. Check for vac leaks, clean tb and maf. And drive it, if it doesnt get better a retune may be in order. Also if you have cats make sure they arent clogged.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Remove the midpipe and inspect them. Or blow air through them as well. They can cause idle issues/stumbling, loss of power, added heat, all kinds of bad stuff lol

Last edited:

Lonestar

forum member
Reaction score
just popped in my head, check all your injectors. a fuel injector not seated properly can be a intake leak and it can cause the misfire feeling

tyler_2118

forum member
Reaction score
light blade was right, it ran just like new this afternoon. it just kept getting better until this afternoon it was as good as new, no lugging. it had to adjust to the new tps sensor just takes a day. thanks guys for the help!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back