Car is done 11.59 @ 125

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to all of you for your input and guidance throughout my project. I finished my car just in time to get it tuned and take it to the track before I head to Afghanistan. It put down 570 rwhp and 559 rwtq with 11psi, 15 total timing, and mid 11s on a/f. I went to the track two nights ago and ran 11.59 at 125 mph with a 1.92 60 ft. This was with Mickey Thompson drag radials, but I never launched it hard. I will have to experiment with a more aggressive launch when I return, but i didn't want to break parts before I leave home. I just cant build any boost at the starting line with no way to create a load. This was done with 18 psi in the tires, full weight car, and the front anti-sway bar on and connected, and without icing the intake. With all things considered I am pleased, and I know there is a lot left in the car. Thanks to you all and especially Eric Brooks. Without his advice and a startup tune that worked quite well, I would still be on jack stands. I have learned a great deal on this project, and I did all of the work myself, including building the motor, so I will keep my eye on the forums and try to help out any of you that i can, just as you all have done for me. THANKS!!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Im gonna add a 2-Step

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Very nice and I think your right to think you still have more . Best of luck .

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome! The time and especially the fact that you built it yourself!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2-Step will help ya build some boost on the line. thats basically it

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Grats on the build and be safe over there..Have a few camel spider fights and bring plenty of baby wipes:beer:

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good job, with some slicks you might be able to hit a 10.9 with those numbers

yzfone

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you heading? I'll be in Bagram in a few months.

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
To yzfone, Don't know yet, I will be in the south or the east with an ETT. I can keep you posted.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you got one hell of a car there zach! i had alot of fun being the other half of the timeslip tue night. that car would break aot of hearts as much of a sleeper it is. btw, did yoiu know you made the sx performance sweet 16? you were # 15 and i was 16 lol be carefull and our prayers will be with you while you defend our great country. get in touch when you get home!!

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
Awesome numbers there. Be safe! A Few of my friends just got back a few months ago from Afgan.
usa.gif

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick, I will let you know when I get back. BTW your car is brutal and I expect to get outrun when I get home.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back