Car won't start after turbo removal/procharger install

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Could I have damaged the crank when I installed the stock balancer back on? Because I put the balancer in, and could not slide it in all the way so I used a hammer and gently tapped it in until there was enough thread to put the bolt in

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
When it comes to ground wires, it isn't sufficient to just make sure they're tight. You need to make absolutely sure that the surfaces are bare metal where the wire is bolted down. Even if you have a ground wire from the factory that has never been removed, it can still have light, white corrosion that will prevent it from grounding properly.

I always use 120 grit sandpaper to clean the surfaces and the ground connector as well. I then apply a liberal amount of electrical connector grease to all surfaces.

Good luck on getting it figured out. If all else fails, have the battery tested for amps and deep draw ability.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Frank. Just hope it is just a ground problem. Will have time to go thru everything this weekend. I hope i didn't destroy my new motor taking off and putting on the stupid harmonic balancer.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back