carbon fiber hydro dipped....

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Toilet seat for the win.

I was in the shop screwing off so I hydro dipped a toilet seat and some interior parts. before clearcoat I went in and grabbed a bunch of stickers I had and slapped them on.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I like it without the stickers. That would be pretty sweet to have.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
if you didn't live so far away it would be on. we could shoot your car color as the base then see what a carbon fiber print would look like over it.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
if you really ever wanted to you could send me a small part because it may not cost to much to send from Germany. then let me know your paint code and we could get just a pint (its probably around $40 a pint cause my color is) and id paint, dip and clear it for free.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is U3 Grabber Orange test piece, not cleaned up or cleared yet.

imagejpeg_2-3.jpg

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
if you really ever wanted to you could send me a small part because it may not cost to much to send from Germany. then let me know your paint code and we could get just a pint (its probably around $40 a pint cause my color is) and id paint, dip and clear it for free.

I have an APO address (USPS only) David so it's not expensive at all to ship to. It's international, but not. Sending you a PM now.

Here is U3 Grabber Orange test piece, not cleaned up or cleared yet.

imagejpeg_2-3.jpg

OMG!! Let me know how that comes out Jeremy.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was just a test piece to see what it would look like we did it awhile back, Haven't done any actual parts with it yet... was thinking of doing my valve covers like this, hmm... lol

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
It was just a test piece to see what it would look like we did it awhile back, Haven't done any actual parts with it yet... was thinking of doing my valve covers like this, hmm... lol

Ohh ok, you said "yet" like it was in the works lol, had me excited! IDK about valve covers, it's one of those you'd have to see it done to know if it's great or not imo.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
i need stuff dipped speedfreak1000- can i ship you some stuff as well?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Jeremy is better at it than me so if you wanted something perfect he might be your guy. in saying that I'd be happy to dip something for you.

I just do it for a hobby and try to get better each time. I do have to do some touch up sometime, so far on one has noticed where the touch ups are.

I don't have a paint booth so I have to be really careful when I clear something.

the toilet seat actually got some dust in the clear so I had to wet sand and buff "the crap out of it" ha pun intended but its smooth as a mirror. anything you see on it in the pic is dust that can be wiped off where I took it out and showed some people yesterday.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Here is U3 Grabber Orange test piece, not cleaned up or cleared yet

I'm looking for a carbon fiber pattern with a 'light' red background. Have you seen anything like this? The red carbon fiber I have seen has been pretty obnoxious and loud, trying to tone that down. This is possible because the color is in the base coat correct? I could just use a deep dark red, right?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
he may be able to tint the clear just to give it a light red cast.

like u said sometime red is a little much. here is one I did before sanding to get the dust out. I didn't like it but the owner did. he brought me everything from under the hood that he could.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a carbon fiber pattern with a 'light' red background. Have you seen anything like this? The red carbon fiber I have seen has been pretty obnoxious and loud, trying to tone that down. This is possible because the color is in the base coat correct? I could just use a deep dark red, right?

Correct you base coat whatever color you want and the graphic goes over.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back