Carport into Garage

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering? Are you going to texture it and paint it? Half the time people don't and half the time they do.. Jw.

Im using an idustrial type paint that's a 2 part epoxy...Very strong and durable paint. They have flakes that you throw down that are different colors so thats what it will be. It wont really be a textured surface like sandpaper, but will add more styling that just paint. Plus, it makes working on the car underneath soooo much easier. You just slide around instead of getting caught on the concrete.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Im using an idustrial type paint that's a 2 part epoxy...Very strong and durable paint. They have flakes that you throw down that are different colors so thats what it will be. It wont really be a textured surface like sandpaper, but will add more styling that just paint. Plus, it makes working on the car underneath soooo much easier. You just slide around instead of getting caught on the concrete.

I think he was talking about the exterior of the garage walls.

Regardless, what brand are you going with for the epoxy floor? There are a lot of brands out there that are garbage and don't hold up for anything. Actually, most of the brands are garbage. Just remember prep is EVERYTHING for it. Sand it with a floor sander, acid etch, etc. Correct temperatures, etc.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I think he was talking about the exterior of the garage walls.

Regardless, what brand are you going with for the epoxy floor? There are a lot of brands out there that are garbage and don't hold up for anything. Actually, most of the brands are garbage. Just remember prep is EVERYTHING for it. Sand it with a floor sander, acid etch, etc. Correct temperatures, etc.

Exterior I am using some siding that looks like wood, but it's actually a concrete material. It will look very good when all said and done.

And I will prep it correctly, but its going to be expensive. I'm getting the stuff that a member on here has. Went to his house and checked it out. He has had it for a while and its holding up great. You can drag stuff on it, and it just lightly scuffs it. There is a local place here that sells it and I believe its about $250 for everything

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was reffering to the interior walls on the inside of the garage. Are those going to be textured and painted? An I am thinking about doing my garage floors with thy stuff too! Lmk how the process goes!

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I was reffering to the interior walls on the inside of the garage. Are those going to be textured and painted? An I am thinking about doing my garage floors with thy stuff too! Lmk how the process goes!

Interior will be drywalled, sanded smooth, and painted. Will have baseboards and trim going all the way around. No expense was spared in this addition. So far Im about 2k deep into it. I've always wanted a nice garage so now is my time.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
Looks good man, my only thought is there's no side door. Wouldn't be hard to frame one in at this point and I'm wondering if you need one to be up to code?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Interior will be drywalled, sanded smooth, and painted. Will have baseboards and trim going all the way around. No expense was spared in this addition. So far Im about 2k deep into it. I've always wanted a nice garage so now is my time.

It will definitely be nice when it's done! Thought about texturing the walls? Just Orange Peel and it'll look ten fold better.

Looks good man, my only thought is there's no side door. Wouldn't be hard to frame one in at this point and I'm wondering if you need one to be up to code?

I'm not sure about Alabama or even his county but most places do require an exterior exit beyond the garage door.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Alabama or even his county but most places do require an exterior exit beyond the garage door.

Ive been in several garages here and I dont think I have seen a single one with a door leading to the exterior. I have one going inside the kitchen, but that is it. I didnt want any extra access points to get into the garage/house. The less entrances, the better. That is also why I didn't install any windows/etc

Progress today:
Insulated all walls, sheetrocked 98%, and completed the front header and side boards where the garage door will be mounted. Now to layer on sheetrock mud, sand, and paint!

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
Ive been in several garages here and I dont think I have seen a single one with a door leading to the exterior. I have one going inside the kitchen, but that is it. I didnt want any extra access points to get into the garage/house. The less entrances, the better. That is also why I didn't install any windows/etc

Progress today:
Insulated all walls, sheetrocked 98%, and completed the front header and side boards where the garage door will be mounted. Now to layer on sheetrock mud, sand, and paint!
It might be a fire hazard because you blocked an exterior door, in MI I had to have one when I attached a garage.

maverickwolfe

forum member
Reaction score

Most houses here don't have garage exit doors either.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

And these homes were recently built or remodeled with a permit? I renovated and flipped quite a few homes in the Southeast including Alabama and the homes I did had exterior side entry garage doors. So, I don't know.

Most houses here don't have garage exit doors either.

And they were recently built? I've got family in Franklin and they all have a side entry or rear entry door on their garages. They are newer homes though.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Got all the drywall up, mudded, and went around every crease of the exterior and put in a nice bead of caulk . Waiting on coat of mud to dry so I can apply 2nd coat, sand, and paint. Other than that, all I got left is putting up the siding and the floor trim!

184207_624411956722_45108410_34044334_7980403_n.jpg

Last edited:

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Wow, You work fast!

Thanks...Im just trying to get it done as soon as possible bc I still got school to worry about...Ive been delaying all of my assignments to get this done. But I have to be done by Thursday bc I am getting my garage door installed Friday and they company is coming over first thing in the am.

GI Joe

Reaction score
If you didnt spend so much time over at your mustang buddies place bolting on mods you could have a garage to park in by now...lol J/K

Garage looks good......but those slicks are sexier....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back