Carport into Garage

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Nice job!!

A little late now, but I would have finished the floor first as the crap you need to use for proper prep could end up damaging your paint. I made that mistake when finishing my garage and wish I would have done the floors before painting the walls and hanging cabinets. So where are all the outlets??

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Nice job!!

A little late now, but I would have finished the floor first as the crap you need to use for proper prep could end up damaging your paint. I made that mistake when finishing my garage and wish I would have done the floors before painting the walls and hanging cabinets. So where are all the outlets??

I had to get this up and done bc the people for the door will be here friday...if it messes up the paint on the trim, i will just repaint.

Outlets are on the wall towards the bottom..They are just holes now so hard to see

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks...Hows your Mustang coming along? Where are the pictures of the build? I know you have plenty!

Just got the motor in today. Had a delay on the install for one day due to some bolts that didnt come with the Mcleod clutch. I had to get them sent next day air here so the clutch could go in. Got them today and the motor went back into the car.

I have not seen it since yesterday, took the wife to Chicago today to sight see. I have took a ton of pictures so far and will post them up when I get back and the build is complete. I have to break the car in tomorrow with a few hundred miles and then dyno on Friday. If all goes well I will be back on Saturday or maybe even Friday night, long drive (10 hours) back home.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Finished the inside today! Now, all thats needed is to put up the siding on the outside and paint! Home stretch! Oh, and my new banner and poster is proudly hanging up! lol

P1050266.jpg

P1050267.jpg

P1050271.jpg

P1050274.jpg

P1050275.jpg

P1050276.jpg

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Man that is just really nice, you have done a great job at putting that garage together. Make me jealous and now I want a garage to put my Stang in. I will just have to wait until I buy a house with one already built on the house.... LOL

looks good!!!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
That came out great! It has to be a great feeling knowing you will have a closed in space to store the car along with making it a little more enjoyable for doing mods.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Just curious. Are you going to do more lighting? Also, how are you finishing the exterior?

getting rid of the spotlight because the garage door motor is going to be mounted there. I will be installing flouresant lighting in there. Outside will be 2x4's mounted on the corners with hardiplank siding. Hardiplank looks just like wood but its a fiber/concrete mixture and will last forever

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
DONE!!!! Finished today...All I got left is to paint all the trim and siding. I'm waiting for the pressure treated wood to dry out so it may be a week or two before I can paint. Here's the last few pics. I guess I will update with the actual finished pics when I get done painting. And sorry for the crappy night pics..Spent all day doing the siding/trim/cleaning up.

P1050280.jpg

P1050282.jpg

P1050286.jpg

P1050288.jpg

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Thanks...Took exactly 1 week to complete. With 2 jobs, school, and this project, I have only been getting about 3-4 hours of sleep per night. Im so happy to be done and I think the Stang appreciates it also. Cant wait for the company to come install the door on Tuesday!

jjay760

forum member
Reaction score
damn thats a great job. im sorry i didn't read all thread, but did u do the floor(apoxy) or just concrete

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back