caster/camber plates

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
How can you tell when they are going bad? Do they make noise? Is there some way that I can test to see if anything is worn out?

I still have some rattles from the front end I think. I replaced sway bar endlinks, have the swaybar mount bushings otw as well.

Just hate throwing parts at it.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with CC plates other than MM. All the others made noise. What brand do you have?

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
anyone? I'm assuming the basic construction and procedure to check for wear is the same regardless of whom makes the plate.

I'm guessing you just take them apart and see if the bearings have any play in them?

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with CC plates other than MM. All the others made noise. What brand do you have?

ALL others make noise?

I've got Vorshlag CC plates on three Mustang's and they are as quiet as the factory rubber strut top mounts. Even after some 25K of daily driving on one of the Mustang's.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
anyone? I'm assuming the basic construction and procedure to check for wear is the same regardless of whom makes the plate.

I'm guessing you just take them apart and see if the bearings have any play in them?

I'd recommend contacting BC for input on how to check their CC plates.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
ended up being an endlink that wasn't quite tight enough. Wife verified where sound was coming from while I bounced the car. Hopefully the sound will stay gone this time.

While I was waiting for her to get home, I had the car on the lift and took the shocks out of the top plates and took the top plates off to inspect. Pretty simple design, looks like it would be hard for them to "go bad". They're still rock solid and have no discernible movement on the bearing, or make any noise. They still look like when I put them on 6+ years and almost 100k miles ago.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
As in, you've tired them all

Well no, I've not "tired" them all nor tried them all - and that's not what I stated. But I have used all three iterations of Ford's GT500 plates, J&M's, MM's, and others across three S197's. What have you tried?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
My steeda plates have machining issues.

I don't think steeda offered to fix what's going on.

They also make noise.

Excited to maybe try some MM parts!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back