Cervini Concept Hood Halp.

08GTS

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Before anyone kills me I used the search feature.

So I bought a brand spankin new concpet hood off a dude on CL for 250. Unpainted with only a minor chip in the gel coat in the rear corner.

Test fitted it and everything was gravy, however, the hinge upfront didnt line up all the way. Thought maybe I'd have to bend it backwards just a little, so I tried with some clamps to no real avail and might have accidentally stripped one of the threads in the hood in the process.

Is that small metal piece the bolt screws into on the hood easily replaceable? I was planning on getting hood pins to keep it down anyway, but is it vital to have that hinge up front also?

I feel shitty for getting a little impatient and wanting to pull the stock hood off so I could sell it to help fund paint.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Have you got a few pics you could post of the misalignment? I would help us help you.

Hmmmm, don't have a lot of resources here to look at and I may be off, but is it possible you screwed on the bracket 180* out?

Cervinis is a pretty good manufacturer and it would be strange if the bracket holes were wrong.

08GTS

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't doubt it was them, I'm sure the hinge piece itself was a tiny bit bent maybe. I'm in Austin at the moment and all my parts for next build are in Houston, but will get some pics up soon.

It's literally just the small metal piece that the bolt for the hinge goes into, and only one is stripped. I figured a body shop could probably take care of it no problem, but just thought I'd voice my qualms here before hand.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on your expertise, you could fix it yourself with a Helicoil Kit from your local parts store for about $10 if running a tap doesn't clean up the threads. The kits I've seen even have instructions inside the kit, and I'm sure there are plenty of YouTube videos out there.

Many times drilling isn't even needed. Just make sure you put a little lubricant, or even better one of the Speed Tap (or equivalent tapping tool lubricants) on the tap. Makes a difference.

08GTS

forum member
Reaction score
Just youtubed this stuff and did some research on tapping! Pretty sure this will take care of it.

THANK YOU BOTH. I'm gonna do this next weekend probably and let you guys know how it goes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back