Cervinis exhaust

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I search the forum for info about Cervinis side exhaust but all i found was people selling their kits.

I am looking for info on power after installation. I was told the pipes have too many turns and that will make me lose power and sounds right to me but is that the truth.

Is somebody here using the exhaust from cervinis and lost power????

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I would think it's limitation of back-pressure would be the only power loss. As far as I understand the kit offers a straight-through muffler design, and the turns are far less aggressive than those of the SN-95 Edge Roush side exhaust. Assuming you don't use a spin-tech muffler (which I doubt fits under a S197 in those locations).

The only power loss should be in torque, from the decrease in back pressure.

Boozshey

Reaction score
The power loss if any won't be noticeable just the same as any power gains won't be noticeable.

Bottom line, if you want it get it...

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
The power loss if any won't be noticeable just the same as any power gains won't be noticeable.

Bottom line, if you want it get it...

I saw the side skirt but i dont know if the material is good. fiberflex is the name and i tough to custom make the exhaust later. but i will see what i do later.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Here's the thing that you do have to keep in mine...

This will make the in car noise insanely loud and if you go with headers and o/r pipe you may hate it!!!

Also you will bottom out a lot if you are lowered.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Here's the thing that you do have to keep in mine...

This will make the in car noise insanely loud and if you go with headers and o/r pipe you may hate it!!!

Also you will bottom out a lot if you are lowered.

Damn man. Too loud??? I have Kooks 1 5-8 W/off road X but i didnt think it can be very loud. I am just looking at those vid on youtube and it sound ok not too bad but i will keep in mind then.

thanks!!!!

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
last car that had it in our shop... lost 9 hp from it.

What do you think of my idea.

After my Off road X attach short mufflers and route the pipes right out to the right and left of the car to the tips that way avoid all those curves.

If any body think it will be the same thing please advice. I really like the stile but now i have 3 reason why not to get them.

1. noise which is not big deal for now
  2. horse power lost
  3. cost of paint and parts

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Look bro, it's all about preference and application. If you're going to have a dyno queen, there are more efficient exhaust systems. If you're going for a track car, there are more efficient exhaust systems. Cervini's made that exhaust not for it's highest performance capability, it made it because the Eleanor had side exhaust, and it fits the complete kit.

Cutting pipes that short is only advantageous if you're cranking out so much ungodly power that the exhaust ports on the heads themselves are restrictive and cause back pressure. The truth is if you take too much back pressure out of an exhaust system you'll lose (some) power. Just like if you have too much back pressure you'll lose (some) power, but usually have higher torque numbers.

I agree with Boozshey, if you like it, get it. If the fractional ammount of power loss is so important to you, it's still for you to decide what that fractional ammount of power is worth to you. If we built our rides based on function over form, we'd have some ugly ass cars. A little form over function never hurt anybody. (Unless you ride on 24" Dubs with 11" rotars... this might hurt someone)

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I dont believe the power loss and if there is then there would be no way it would affect your times at the track because I know guys who have had same mods as me and I run faster then what they did on rear exhaust.

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
sounds good looks great...... bottom line get it! I get people all the time saying it looks sexy.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Look bro, it's all about preference and application. If you're going to have a dyno queen, there are more efficient exhaust systems. If you're going for a track car, there are more efficient exhaust systems. Cervini's made that exhaust not for it's highest performance capability, it made it because the Eleanor had side exhaust, and it fits the complete kit.

Cutting pipes that short is only advantageous if you're cranking out so much ungodly power that the exhaust ports on the heads themselves are restrictive and cause back pressure. The truth is if you take too much back pressure out of an exhaust system you'll lose (some) power. Just like if you have too much back pressure you'll lose (some) power, but usually have higher torque numbers.

I agree with Boozshey, if you like it, get it. If the fractional ammount of power loss is so important to you, it's still for you to decide what that fractional ammount of power is worth to you. If we built our rides based on function over form, we'd have some ugly ass cars. A little form over function never hurt anybody. (Unless you ride on 24" Dubs with 11" rotars... this might hurt someone)

Is not just about looking for dyno numbers. i never been in a dyno. i just going to buy the side skirts and the rear bumper only from a web site i saw instead of the cervinis full kit and i was wonder if i could custom make the exhaust and avoid the curves in the cervinis kit that way it can also be more functional and maybe get better results.

But i don't know much about exhaust and back pressure. If i rout the exhaust straight to the sides out, after my X-off road i don't know if that will make my car lose a lot of power or if is a bad idea anyway.

I am just getting some information before i jump to make some crazy shit.

LOL!!!!

Anyway thanks for everybody's comments

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back