CG Tire and Trim Gel put to the test...

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I've tried a few tire gel that claims to restore rubber/trim and lasts a long time. All of them either slings like crazy, smears, or last only a few days.

Over the holiday, I took the spare tire out of the bottom of my 2001 Suburban to gain access for a repair, and decided to see just how good Chemical Guys' Tire and Trim Gel really is.

Keep in mind that the tire have been hanging under the Suburban since 2001 and exposed to rain/salt/mud, etc. and never got much more than some water spraying to clean off excessive dirts. This tire is as neglected as it comes. In the last picture, you can see some white showing between the lugs. That is how white the WHOLE tire looks when I took it out of the bottom of the Suburban.

I gave it a quick scrub with APC and dressed it with one coat of CG Tire and Trim Gel. The rubber turned dark black on contact. I let it sit overnight and wiped off the excess with a towel. The tire in the picture below is completely dry to the touch, and I'm amazed that it worked this well on old tire. BTW, the side on the picture is the side that's fully exposed to the road.

I've used this stuff on plastic trims before and it generally last 2 - 3 washes. Which is at least 2X longer than the other tire gel that I've used before. It won't last forever, but it also doesn't run like Tammy Faye Bakker's mascara as soon as water hits it.

I'm not associated with CG in anyway, and just wanted to pass on a review for those who may be looking for a better tire/trim gel.

Francis

DSCN1039_zps3ae65c0e.jpg

DSCN1040_zps395533c6.jpg

DSCN1041_zps689e6b6e.jpg

Last edited:

claudermilk

Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I may have to run down to the shop & pick up a bottle of that.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Man, you must have been bored out of your mind to clean a spare tire! :kidding: :lol:

Looks good. I may have to try some of this stuff, since I have had good luck with other CG stuff in the past. Thanks for the review.

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I just wiped my hand across the spare tire and it is completely dry and only have a thin layer of dust on it from a week of driving.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back