CHE relocation brackets ?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Any reviews of the CHE rear-lower-control-arm relocation brackets?

Thanks guys/gals :)

DRock

Reaction score
Their adjustability is kinda lacking but overall they seem like great parts. I would probably go after something that has multiple holes for fine tuning. Look for BMR or STEEDA for that.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
After seeing a bent BMR, I think I'm gonna stay away from their brackets.

And I don't like that the Steeda has to be welded in place.

I prefer the bolt-in ones, even if I might have the shop weld them in after the install ... lol
I just think of the bolt and weld-in as double the securing options

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

I prefer the bolt-in ones, even if I might have the shop weld them in after the install ... lol

You probably saw an older version, that we recommended to be welded if drag racing at the drag strip.

We redesigned the CAB005 brackets quite some time ago.

OLD DESIGN:

BMR-CAB005.jpg

NEW DESIGN:
bmr-cab005b_2565.jpg

They are the most durable bolt-on design on the market, so you should not have any worries.

We have an 8 second car, a substantial amount of 9 second cars, and thousands of drag racers around the world using them, bolted in (no welding) without issue.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Happy Modding!

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
I have their relo.
Let me give you my honest opinion. Their fitment kinda suck. I had to fight with driver side for two hours just to make the top hole line up. I somehow made them fit and now I am happy with them but again, they only have one bottom hole which gives you no adjustability at all. If I could do it again I would go for BMRs new design. I would love to try them with LCA on lowest setting because I have sportlines. I really feel like i could improve my traction and want to try diff setting but i cant because now Im stuck with che relo bracket with one setting.

DRock

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the "bent" one you saw was from someone tht should of welded his brackets in. I have been running the new style brackets for about 20k with 2 road course days and multiple hardlaunches with 0 problems. And the install takes about an hour.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I have the CHE's with the FRPP 'P' springs and the entire CHE adj rear suspension. They work very well with the 1" drop of the 'P' springs, fitment was fine, I have not welded them, and they held up great to repeated 1.6X 60's with 17" drag radials.

KoolerSL2

Serve and Protect
Reaction score
i also have their LCA's and Brackets. pleanty of hard driving and launches without welding and all is well. install was easy but as others have stated lack of adjustment for fine tuning kinda blows. I have BMR springs 1.25/1.5 and my LCA's are dead level.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
i also have their LCA's and Brackets. pleanty of hard driving and launches without welding and all is well. install was easy but as others have stated lack of adjustment for fine tuning kinda blows. I have BMR springs 1.25/1.5 and my LCA's are dead level.

Really? I'm lowered over 2" but the axle side LCA still sits lower than the chassis side.

KoolerSL2

Serve and Protect
Reaction score
ill try to snap a pic when i get off work but yes they are level or very close to level.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Yeah, the BMR bracket that I saw bent was an older design, but the new design has the same thin plate that reaches up that the old design unit had, and that's the part that was all bent.

The CHE bracket is boxed-in all around, and the passenger side one has a plate that reaches up but that piece is also braced-in on the right side so it makes it even stronger.

I want to buy these parts only once.

I don't plan on lowering beyond 1" or so, so the CHE's lack of adjustment is OK with me, and the shop that's gonna be installing them is awesome, they're not gonna have any issues if they have to enlarge a hole or 2 to make them fit.

SO yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up with the CHE brackets.

As far as lower control arms, most likely the tubular BMR ones ...

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You probably saw an older version, that we recommended to be welded if drag racing at the drag strip.

We redesigned the CAB005 brackets quite some time ago.

OLD DESIGN:
BMR-CAB005.jpg

NEW DESIGN:
bmr-cab005b_2565.jpg

They are the most durable bolt-on design on the market, so you should not have any worries.

We have an 8 second car, a substantial amount of 9 second cars, and thousands of drag racers around the world using them, bolted in (no welding) without issue.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Happy Modding!
well that sucks I bought a set from Brenspeed a few months back and got the old style. Not welded yet, mostly track the car at HPDE events.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
well that sucks I bought a set from Brenspeed a few months back and got the old style. Not welded yet, mostly track the car at HPDE events.
Street driving and HPDE events aren't nearly as hard on relo bracket attachment as dragstrip launches are. Under those conditions, it's the altered geometry that is more in play than any increase in "immediate" launch bite.

Norm

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score

Send Kelly at BMR a message and see if they will swap them out for the new ones at either a reduced rate or straight up. ;)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I like the CHE's they are chunky, but I'd go with the BMR's for the extra mounting holes.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I believe it's been years since BMR redesigned their brackets so if you purchased them a few months ago you're fine. I've had mine for over a year and they are the newer designed ones. Honestly I can't see how one could break these BMR ones as they are clearly beefy so one should have no worries.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well, the one below is the one that got me thinking of searching for a different brand ...

RelocBrkts_BMR_bent.jpg

Now, BMR redesigned their brackets but the piece that's bent in the pic above looks to be the same thickness/style as the new design unit, so .....

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
See that empty hole above the bracket?
The new BMR brackets mount there as well so it would never get to that point where it rotated in the picture.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
See that empty hole above the bracket?
The new BMR brackets mount there as well so it would never get to that point where it rotated in the picture.

OK that makes sense now ... :)

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

okay so maybe my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I crawled under the car and yep I have the newer models. Sorry for the mistake and after seeing the picture of the older style that folded I'm glad I have the newer design!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back