CHE relocation brackets ?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Awesome.
I can get the BMR relocation brackets and their tubular lower control arms for $275 shipped .....

Is that a good deal or can there be better?

(new parts)

DRock

Reaction score
Well, the one below is the one that got me thinking of searching for a different brand ...

RelocBrkts_BMR_bent.jpg

Now, BMR redesigned their brackets but the piece that's bent in the pic above looks to be the same thickness/style as the new design unit, so .....

That pic has been floating aroun for years. There was a thread way back on moddedmustangs that the guy comments on how he did it and if I recall he was doing some pretty radical drops and abusing the parts hard an he was recommended to weld then but never did. If you could manage to bend the new brackets well then sit your car is a fucking monster.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Even using that upper hole I would still weld them.

Bolted connections have a way of wallowing out the holes over time if inspection & maintenance are allowed to lapse, and I don't want to feel I have to keep inspecting attachments that should be made dead-nuts, set-it-and-forget-it reliable from the get-go.

Just a thought, but if only one LCA pivot point "moves" for any reason, the steering wheel will become off-centered. Only 1/16" movement will be enough to notice.

Norm

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the BMR rear lower control arms last night, from latemodelrestoration.com

Relocation brackets though ... still on the fence as to which ones to get.
I almost ordered the BMR ones, now that I believe they fixed their design, and I still plan on asking the tech to weld whichever ones I decide to get, but the BMR ones hang so low that I'm now worried about clearance issues under them.

I never take the car through a drive-through car wash, it's always the touchless wash, then home to finish off with detail-spray and microfiber towels, and lately I'm only driving the car on dry days, since the Focus gets driven in the rain or whatever else we got coming over the next few months.

I can get the CHE brackets for $96 here and that's a damn good price for brackets as far as I've seen ...

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the BMR rear lower control arms last night, from latemodelrestoration.com

Relocation brackets though ... still on the fence as to which ones to get.
I almost ordered the BMR ones, now that I believe they fixed their design, and I still plan on asking the tech to weld whichever ones I decide to get, but the BMR ones hang so low that I'm now worried about clearance issues under them.

I never take the car through a drive-through car wash, it's always the touchless wash, then home to finish off with detail-spray and microfiber towels, and lately I'm only driving the car on dry days, since the Focus gets driven in the rain or whatever else we got coming over the next few months.

I can get the CHE brackets for $96 here and that's a damn good price for brackets as far as I've seen ...

Food for thought: Companies that sell both LCA's and their relocation brackets often times build their relocation brackets to work better with their own LCA's. For whatever reason there might be fitment issues swapping across brands. At least if there is a fitment issue with the BMR control arms + BMR relocation brackets, Kelly at BMR can get you taken care of to ensure you get parts that work. He might have a harder time if the BMR control arms are too wide or narrow for the CHE units. You'd think all of these companies would have pretty much the same width and set up for their control arms but I have read of fitment issues when choosing multiple brands.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
OP the best brands still break. Nothing is unbreakable. Things do happen, its what the company does if that situation occurs, I think BMR has held their own in taking care of customers if indeed their parts break.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
OP the best brands still break. Nothing is unbreakable. Things do happen, its what the company does if that situation occurs, I think BMR has held their own in taking care of customers if indeed their parts break.

My concern with the BMR brackets has changed from durability to just how big they are.

I don't plan on lowering the car too much - I have the 55D rear-only springs on order and that'll be it, for only a half-inch rear lowering - and the lack of adjustability on the CHE brackets doesn't concern me.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have that problem with BMR.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well now I just stumbled across the Whiteline brackets ... they look nice and beefy, and cheaper than the BMR ones by about $40-$50, and they don't seem to hang quite so low, although they only have one mounting option, just like the CHE ones ... it is a lower position than the CHE brackets.

Opinions?

DSC_2117-L.jpg

_DSC9298_DSC9298-L.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well now I just stumbled across the Whiteline brackets ... they look nice and beefy, and cheaper than the BMR ones by about $40-$50, and they don't seem to hang quite so low, although they only have one mounting option, just like the CHE ones ... it is a lower position than the CHE brackets.

Well, the local BMR rep will tell you their product is the best ever created and that you're an idiot to use anyone else's. BMR makes a nice product, and so does Whiteline. I personally run Whiteline. The angle that the Whiteline brackets makes on my slightly-lowered car is a nice combination of anti-squat and roll steer, in my opinion. I don't really need the BMR unit's adjustability.

Damn those are stupid low...

No, they really aren't.

15987120_large.jpg

They hang down about as low as the exhaust. I've had no issues with them, and my car is daily-driven.

Last edited:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I run white line, I can't say enough good things about them.

DRock

Reaction score
Omg it's so low!!!!!
8ea69bdc.jpg

449b3b36.jpg

Btw in the last 30k I have a the passenger side bracket 1 time cause my rear wheel went into a pot hole. Never had an issue other than that.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well, the local BMR rep will tell you their product is the best ever created and that you're an idiot to use anyone else's. BMR makes a nice product, and so does Whiteline. I personally run Whiteline. The angle that the Whiteline brackets makes on my slightly-lowered car is a nice combination of anti-squat and roll steer, in my opinion. I don't really need the BMR unit's adjustability.

No, they really aren't.

15987120_large.jpg

They hang down about as low as the exhaust. I've had no issues with them, and my car is daily-driven.

Thanks for the info and the pic ...

Yeah, I run white line, I can't say enough good things about them.

Thanks ... you sell them too, right?

Omg it's so low!!!!!
8ea69bdc.jpg

449b3b36.jpg

Btw in the last 30k I have a the passenger side bracket 1 time cause my rear wheel went into a pot hole. Never had an issue other than that.

I don't get what you meant to say about "in the last 30k" ...

DRock

Reaction score
30k= 30,000 miles i have had them on the car. DD all year round. never a problem

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
30k= 30,000 miles i have had them on the car. DD all year round. never a problem

That's not the part I had a problem with ... lol

See here:

"... in the last 30k I have a the passenger side bracket 1 time ... "

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, the local BMR rep will tell you their product is the best ever created and that you're an idiot to use anyone else's.

That is a little far fetched, but if that is how you feel than I do apologize.

It is no coincidence that the very same brackets that you chose to run on your car, are about as similar to our brackets as it gets, minus two more options of LCA mounting points.

Do I believe our parts are the best on the market, and that we provide the best service? Absolutely. Would my customers want me to believe any other way, I don't think so. Do I think you are an idiot because you chose to run non-BMR Suspension components? Absolutely not: the majority of my customers run many suspension components from many different companies, and they seem to work well in conjunction with our stuff.

Again, I am sorry if I come off as arrogant, or whatever word you would use to describe the local BMR Rep, but I typically call things like I see them.

DRock

Reaction score

See here:

It would happen with ANY relocation bracket that I ran. Just saying that being worried about hitting is useless. If your gonna hit, its gonna hit.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score

See here:

Gotta be able to read what he means and not what he types. :p

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back