Chevykiller Reloaded

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can't sell it. Like selling part of yourself. If I had the money It would probably be too much for me to handle on the road.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This triple the time thought build is finally coming to a close...:clap:

Got the brakes all wired and that was one hell of an ordeal and A LOT of work. Trust me guys, switching to full on race brakes is NOT a simple bolt-in deal despite what anyone may claim.

0521091346.jpg

The motor is finally going back in the car today. The Livernois 'R' heads were up to par per the testing, but I was a little concerned with the .0030 bind rate of the springs, so I had Livernois spec a new spring for me that was stronger but a little looser and the new springs and retainers are in and now the motor can go back in the car.

0521090937.jpg

I ended up having to relocate the oil filter for the turbo kit to be optimal, so I called upon Maximum Motorsports and was able to use their cobra relocation kit with a little tweaking as the kit is designed to mount in the front bumper and I am relocating it to the frame rail. However, it was not a big deal and got it knocked out.

This weekend, we're finishing up the kit installation and rewiring the car with a brand new harness (best to start from scratch after the 1200 times I've ripped into the main harness) and finally putting the chute on so I can send the wing out for finish/paint.

Should have some dyno numbers late next week.

I FINALLY found a trailer after 2 months of searching and just got a great deal on an F450 Diesel from a friend of mine (and Ken's...:beerchug2:) today that will be my new dedicated tow vehicle. The trailer has a ton of nice features and I'm really happy with it. I'm not going to miss the daily driver bullshit headaches and am really looking forward to the next generation killer...:clap:

8443394499808-26-TPD-TRAILER.jpg

2791367244138-26-TPD-TRAILER.jpg

3095277834211-26-TPD-TRAILER.jpg

8986941365776-26-TPD-TRAILER.jpg

0361548227845-26-TPD-TRAILER.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is it done yet?

J/K, so your going to keep the Chevy Killer then? Thats one sweet trailer by the way.

travelers

Reaction score
Trailer setup looks sweet. The motor also. How much spring bind clearince do you have with the new springs?

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Shit it aint done. Where is the 42" flat screen for veiwing the datalogs after the runs ?

Nice trailer CK, oh by the way I can do your TV/datalog cable work. LOL ask Don.

Can't wait to see your car on the track.

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
I'm not going to miss the daily driver bullshit headaches and am really looking forward to the next generation

At least our builds have that in common. My trailer has no walls or ceiling and my tow vehicle is a turbo diesel F250. Why does your stuff have to always be so much better than my stuff?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm officially jealous of that trailer... :321:

LOL - thanks buddy...:beerchug2: It is pretty trick. It has a nice stereo system that has extra speakers that mount by the outside flood lights and just plug in with headphone jacks. It also has 2 hidden 40 gallon fresh water tanks underneath and a lot of cool pit pal stuff and a complete swing out engine hoist. It's also got a full air set-up with lines and air tools, a cleaning station, and an onboard vise and grinder. The guy I bought it from is a well known dragster engine builder. When I showed it to Ken - he laughed cause they had used this at the last race to pull the engine out of the dragster. It's pretty bad ass...:clap:

I dropped it off to Giant RV yesterday cause the only thing I am adding is an a/c unit in it. I'm also making a set of magnetic freezer door flaps this weekend myself to have for both doors. (it has doors on both sides). Brand new awning, and some other stuff - he included everything inside it - was a killer deal and my patience paid off...:clap:

I think you know Tom, right? Ken's buddy ex-cop with the police dragsters? Anyway, he gave me a killer deal on the new tow vehicle. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world, but it's got low mileage and some great features like a custom 10' bed, spare set of rubber all around, the tow hitch is welded into the frame and can support 25K pounds towing capacity, and he just put a brand new windshield in it for me this morning. He also put a 5000 watt generator in the bed and made a custom locking box for me. It has a 6 wheel brake controller, 5th wheel adapters already, a borla exhaust with tunes, and just about all of my service and maintenance is covered for life through his sponsors so for $7500 - I couldn't pass it up. Absolutely AWESOME deal for me.

I just need the car to put in it now...lol:thud:

DSCN1560.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg

DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

DSCN1564.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back