cleaning and maintaining chrome rims ?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just wash them normally. When I think they need some shining up, I hit them with some Mother's Chrome Liquid Polish. Brings them back to new shine quality.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Soap and water here, windex to get any water spots out.

When the really need polishing, I use Blue Magic metal polish.

I find if I soap and water clean them weekly, they never need polishing. But let the brake dust cook on them for a few weeks, and it gets nasty.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I clean the dust off every week or two. After soap and water, I dry them before the get spotted up. Once dry, I spray them down with Liquid Ice wax to give them a little protection.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks guys i had used some regular ole chrome cleaner from wally world and soap/water on my older rims and supposedly that is the reason why my other rims look like shit , i know the quality on my new set will be much better but just wanted to see if maybe i was doing something wrong lol , i do USUALLY clean them once a week but sometimes i go offshore for a few weeks at a time and my car sits in a gravel parking lot and when i called the company that made my other set they told me it was because i let brake dust sit on them too long along with using the wrong cleaner ....yea go figure lol anyway im not looking to buy wheels every couple months so hence the reason for the questions ......thanks again guys

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
just kidding my rims are black so i just use a detail spray i get here locally when i spray down my car and get them cleaned up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back