cleaning black chrome

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My black chrome wheels haven't held up for shit considering how few miles I have on them. I hand wash my car and either I got a bad batch or the finish just sucks, have a few chips on mine already and never got a response from wheel replica when I emailed and called. I will never buy from them again and will never buy black chrome again even though when new, they look good especially on white.

Reaction score
Ok now I know I'm not getting black chrome........ forget it I don't want to take the chance.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Have you seen my thread on here white05? What I did is kept calling and don't give up. Mine were with in the warranty and have no reason to deny my claim I also hand washed them every time and sent pics of every thing I used to wash the car with. good luck

Lone Star

forum member
Reaction score
The black chrome looks awesome, which is why I have them! I got a spectacular deal on mine from someone who no longer wanted them! You can't tell from 5 feet away but definitely noticable up close. I will let them get worse and then get them powder coated black!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't have issues with mine? I hate to hear all these issues with them.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Oh man...automated car wash FTL. Just try and make sure anytime the wheels get wet you clean them. Brake dust becomes very acidic after H2O is introduced to it. And go get this stuff for godsakes.

imgwatermark.php

+100 on everything he just said :thumb:

You better not use any thing strong at all on your wheels. And if you do use Simple Green you better dilute it. But since you'd take it through a car wash in the first place, GL, lol

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Why on fucking Earth would you take such a delicate wheel and go through a car wash?????? It says on the box to use just soap and water and HAND WASH them!!!!

I have had my black chrome wheels for over 2 years and have no issue whatsoever with mine. I read the directions when I bought mine and have stuck to it. I have even put a layer of wax on my wheels to give them a little more protection from the everyday street grime.

I know there are/were some issues with these wheels from the factory, but there are too many folks out there that are doing stupid shit like this to a perfect set of wheels. Especially after paying good money for them you would think you would take better care of them. I can tell you one thing, if you try to get reimbursed for your wheels being scratched AFTER you went through a car wash, I highly doubt the company you bought them from will help you. They will most likely frown on the situation.

You screwed yourself by going through the automatic car wash. Not once, but more than twice......and after you saw the scratches on them.

and +200 on this, lol

Mine are fine too Laura, but I hand wash them and use either soap and water or the Black Magic which is pretty safe (and I cut it in half with water, too) Plus, it's a Garage Queen with only about 4k on the wheels and 10k on the car

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you seen my thread on here white05? What I did is kept calling and don't give up. Mine were with in the warranty and have no reason to deny my claim I also hand washed them every time and sent pics of every thing I used to wash the car with. good luck

I did see the thread, did they end up taking care of the wheels? I gave up it a while back but I will never buy another fucking wheel made by Wheel Replicas.

Back