Clear coat peeling or something else??

Get_K.O'D

Reaction score
Ok, first I don't know if this is the right section but it seemed to fit the best..
So over the past couple of months I've noticed what appears to be the clear coat peeling on the front bumper of my 05 GT. However, I'm not 100% sure that it really is, when it comes off it almost has a plastic type feel and in the sections that have peeled off there's no fading of the paint or discoloration. I know there's clear bumper covers but I have no idea if that was ever put on the car. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this sounds really dumb but I am completely clueless when it comes to paint and body work.
I'll try to get some pictures and post later to give an idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Get_K.O'D

Reaction score
sorry for the delay but here are some pictures of what I am talking about. Is it possible that its one of those clear bumper protectors or something like that?

kkran
[/URL][/IMG]

kkran
[/URL][/IMG]

merk

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like clear coat to me man. Only way to fix that is a repaint.

merk

forum member
Reaction score
Np man. Your looking at around 300 or so depending where you go.

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
definatly clear cloat, sucks but could definatly be worst......atleast it's not the gelcoat like what happened after I got a 1200 paint job on an after market hood.

91boost

forum member
Reaction score
The clear is delaming. Average cost is going to be around $300-$400

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back