Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Car info
2011 Mustang Gt
6 speed
400 miles
Build Date 8/2010

Alright Ive done alot of searching on a few different mustang forums and haven't seen anyone with same clutch issue I seem to be having. My clutch only grips / engages when the clutch is almost fully released, around the last 2 or 3 inches. Is this normal Or does the clutch need to be adjusted?

This is my first new car so I'm kinda anoid that I'm having issues with less than 500 miles on the car. The clutch is not notchy and does not get stuck to the floor so I know its not the same issue others have been having.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Normal. That is how it is supposed to feel. ;)

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Really? Is there any way to adjust it to make it grab more towards the bottom? I want to put my suspension mods and axle back on but don't want to if I have to take the car back to the dealer.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Really? Is there any way to adjust it to make it grab more towards the bottom? I want to put my suspension mods and axle back on but don't want to if I have to take the car back to the dealer.

Drive it more to get some wear on the clutch. The clutch is hydraulic and non-adjustable. I think a few members here would kill to have a stock clutch work like yours. Enjoy your car. :)

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
I would also say that "2-3 inches" is normal. If your prior experience was different,
I bet you get used to this fast, rush hour traffic= no problem.

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
You for sure want it to engage closer to the top of the pedal. this leaves room for the clutch to adjust downward as the clutch it self wears.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
yea i gotta floor my pedal for release and 1st 3 gears are still notchy as hell. we wont even discuss getting it in reverse..

jmatero

Reaction score
Ok folks. I'm in San Jose CA (not exactly the coldest place on earth). I'm on my second flywheel and clutch (car has 1500 on the clock). Light grinding and notchiness when the fluid is cold... That's one thing. When it's warmed up? This tranny should shift easily in all gears. Clutch engagement was smooth as heck for the first 500 miles too... And now I cant launch im first without the car bucking. My clutch and tranny were awesome when new... It's why I bought the car. I'd advise you to head over to the allfordmustangs forum where ford reps are asking people with this and clutch issues to PM them directly. I did on Wednesday. 2 hours later, a Ford Rep called me directly and admitted this is NOT NORMAL and scheduled an appointment at my dealer AND arranged for a loaner car until it has been resolved. It goes in 8am Monday. The issue is clearly with the sychros... Which can be damaged if the clutch isn't fully disengaging... Which can happen if you have either a bad clutch slave (sound familiar?) or pressure plate bolts that are not fully seated (sound familiar?).

Read this... If you're having the shifting issues or clutch issues, I'd advise you to contact the Ford rep at this forum and bring it in:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...anual-transmission-rough-shifting-thread.html

The more of us who report the issue, the better!

Last edited:

queenbeeGT

grab her
Reaction score
Car info
2011 Mustang Gt
6 speed
400 miles
Build Date 8/2010

Alright Ive done alot of searching on a few different mustang forums and haven't seen anyone with same clutch issue I seem to be having. My clutch only grips / engages when the clutch is almost fully released, around the last 2 or 3 inches. Is this normal Or does the clutch need to be adjusted?

This is my first new car so I'm kinda anoid that I'm having issues with less than 500 miles on the car. The clutch is not notchy and does not get stuck to the floor so I know its not the same issue others have been having.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just started noticing this on mine too, I guess looks like it's normal...

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
i solved the clutch issue on my 2011 m6.. i now have a 2011 a6..lol

Thought has crossed my mind lately....

My clutch and trans are good but in the back of my mind I know the auto is faster.

Aluminum D/S and flywheel with a twin disc clutch and Barton shifter would make for a mean shifting manual however. ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back