Clutch install

morperformance

Reaction score
I am about to put a clutch in my 2011 and I was poking at the FSM, it is showing that you need to disconnect the steering shaft and drop the engine subframe 1", anyone else do this when they did their clutch?

danoliver

Multitaskin CarEnthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it was necessary.. I'll check on ours. McLeod Racing & GTR High Performance helped us on the install with the McLeod Racing Street Twin Disc Clutch w/ Ceramic Discs & Aluminum Flywheel.

danoliver

Multitaskin CarEnthusiast
Reaction score
0-2011FordMustangGT-210.jpg

morperformance

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, do you have any other pics of the install? How hard were those top 2 bell housing bolts to get to?

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Its easier if you remove the top two bellhousing bolts from under the hood. The drivers side being the hardest but if you use a flex head 13mm ratcheting wrench it makes it easier. No need to drop the engine or remove steering shaft. Also the passenger side upper manifold nut is easiest removed with a very long extension and a universal socket.

JJ

morperformance

Reaction score
Its easier if you remove the top two bellhousing bolts from under the hood. The drivers side being the hardest but if you use a flex head 13mm ratcheting wrench it makes it easier. No need to drop the engine or remove steering shaft. Also the passenger side upper manifold nut is easiest removed with a very long extension and a universal socket.

JJ
Awesome, thanks for the info!
Yeah I did that exact thing when removing the pass manifold nut.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back