Clutch Master Cylinder

shelbysvt314

Reaction score
Whats up S197. So I am very new to this, and I hope I'm posting this in the right sections. I have an 07' GT500. It only has 13500 miles and started showing signs of a failing/slipping clutch. I researched a bit online and found it is a common problem with the Shelbys in that year for the clutch to go out very early. Money is tight right now and has been garaged until I can have it replaced. Recently a friend told me the Mustangs are equipped with an automatic clutch adjustment mechanism, so I researched myself to find more about it and apparently it does. It is explained to pull up on the clutch pedal to engage the mechanism. While attempting this the pedal snapped up toward the dash. I went under the dash to see what damage I caused and found that the pin connected to the clutch pedal that seems to be a component of the clutch master cylinder snapped out, as shown in the pictures below.

After all of this, my first question is my master cylinder done with? Or can the pin be placed back in? Also, once this problem is solved, is there actually a mechanism that can be engaged to possibly help with the "slipping" of my clutch?

I am able to place the pin back in the master cylinder and it is somewhat drivable. But the pedal is very loose and can pop out very easily. I hope all this makes some sort of sense. Please help, I miss my car!!!!

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
You'll probably get a much quicker answer on the GT500 section of SVT.com. This section is rarely visited.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Below is a link to the tech manual for the GT. The GT500 is probably the same. I would remove the master cylinder and see if you can reseat the ball into the socket. If you can, reinstall it. If you can't, you'll need a new one.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=272&viewfile=Clutch Master Cylinder.pdf

These cars use a hydraulic slave cylinder to actuate the clutch so it's self-adjusting for clutch wear. Your clutch is probably pooched. I've had good luck with McLeod RXT. When you replace the clutch, install a new OEM slave cylinder.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back