Clutch question?

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
I beleive i'm having clutch problems so i'm going to go ahead and replace it but I wanted to ask should I go with a factory replacement or should I upgrade? the car is stock no mods...

Thanks,
Mariano

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would stay stock unless you have future plans to go FI. If so most people tend to like the spec 3+. But I would just use a stock clutch if you are going to keep stock

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if your staying stock stick with a stock clutch. what types of problems are you having it may not be the clutch at all. Still under warranty?

06Gt

forum member
Reaction score
I would stay stock. I do have a almost brand new Aluminum Fidanza Flywheel for sale. Im only asking 150 shipped. Its a great mod. Your car will rev slightly faster as well keeping you in your power band.

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
if your staying stock stick with a stock clutch. what types of problems are you having it may not be the clutch at all. Still under warranty?

you might be right can someone enlighten me on this push bearing that I was told might be the problem or some sort of bearing that is connected to the clutch. there's this sound that i dont quite know how to describe picture yourself...in the car, car is on neutral (there it is) but when i put it in gear it goes away... (i was told that was normal fine with me...but it not only got a little louder but it does it at all times now not only when on neutral it will do it from the moment you turn the car on and after i put it in gear it'll do it as i roll it slow on first second it's killing me.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
is it a rattling, a clunking? can you take a video or sound clip of it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back