CMDP's for 09 intakes

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
So we started this talk in another thread and I wanted to create a thread specifically for us with the '09 intakes that have the built in charge motion plates.

We are looking for people who have messed with the steeda plugs and how they have handled the leaks that go along with them. Or any other options out there like filling the holes with epoxy instead or something.

I realize that you can buy an '05-'08 intake and buy delete plates, but I don't want to go that route so please don't suggest it.

Im on my iPhone currently so I hope this is readable and coherent!

Last edited:

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Hey bro, your Chris's brother right? I just did mine yesterday. I have an extra manifold and my stock CMCVs sittin in my garage. I'll sell that to you for $100 which is less than what I paid for it. I was gonna mod the CMCV to delete plates and sell them. Let me know what you think. As far as using your stock ones and modding them and filling in the holes, there are a bunch of people that filled in the holes using Quiksteel and haven't had problems after 20k-30k miles.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Hey bro, your Chris's brother right? I just did mine yesterday. I have an extra manifold and my stock CMCVs sittin in my garage. I'll sell that to you for $100 which is less than what I paid for it. I was gonna mod the CMCV to delete plates and sell them. Let me know what you think. As far as using your stock ones and modding them and filling in the holes, there are a bunch of people that filled in the holes using Quiksteel and haven't had problems after 20k-30k miles.

Yea, I'm his older brother. That would be awsome but I won't be able to buy it for a while. I just bought HID's for my fog lights. I will also have to find a new tuner since bama chips is pretty much gone. But I will keep it in mind and if you still have it when I'm ready then that would be awesome.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I had a thread about this when I installed mine, I will try to find it and bring it back...

I did the Steeda plugs and encountered several issues; the first was one side would go in very easily and the other side was very tight, it got to the point I called BBR to see if they had seen the same thing and they had. Second was in the directions from Steeda they did not say which way to orient the plugs so I did not think about it much until I was done with them and re-installed the manifold and realized I had a leak, pulled it apart and discovered one of the plugs had come loose and thank goodness it went up into the intake vice into the runners...gulp..after that I orientated the plugs so if they were to come loose again they would not fall into the runners. Third I had an air leak that tripped a CEL from where the arm of the butterfly assembly penetrates the manifold; theoritically the plug closest to this area should not allow air through but I sprayed WD 40 around it and sure enough some made it through; another person had this issue and drilled/tapped out the hole and put a brass plug in it, I did not want to do that as that would make that permanent and I would never be able to go back to stock if I wanted to/had to so I used caulk and caulked around the orfice and that sealed the are as well as gave me the ability to go back to stock if needed.

Would I do it again? I don't know..the plugs were only $60 and I became very good at removing/installing the intake! I don't know what my gains were but you will need a tune or an adjustment to your tune to have them turn the CMP's off.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Yeah I'll probably sell these and install them on my friends car. I think you know him, he has a GO 3v as well. Once I install his, I'll keep his stock ones and mod them and you can get those if you still want them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back