Coast/Powerhouse driveshaft question

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm going to replace my driveshaft U-joint(s) because I have some pretty noticeable clunking in and out of gears. I have a Powerhouse 4" aluminum driveshaft and I would like to find the part(s) I need before I drop the shaft. Does anyone know if it's a Spicer 1330 like the one in this pic? Mine looks exactly the same, BTW. Also, are there one or two U-joints? What is under the boot at the front of the shaft?

Mustangshaft.jpg

Thanks!

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
if its the same as the pic you have there they are two u joints one front and one rear .. under the boot is a splined shaft so when your suspension moves up and down the boot closes in and out unlike old style ones that have a tranny yoke that go in and out with suspension travel

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pulled the D/S. U-Joints were both fine. Play in the rear end discovered. Also, my over axle pipe was hitting the panhard support.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
The driveshaft I purchased was sold to me as a Steeda shaft. Well Axle Exchange makes them. I call them and they have the spicer U joints for 29.99 each. Not sure if they are the same as you but if this helps..

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
i was gonna say check your lug nuts lol. i had mine come loose and i chased it all around looking for the noise thinkng it was the ujoints and when i jacked the car up to check them and turn the rear wheels the lugs were loose and ruin my wheels

Back