Comp Cams - 2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L Coyote Camshafts - AmericanMuscle.com

jsnyng

Reaction score
$1500? Crap, that mod would go on the fantasy list. :)

C'mon man, that's the bulk price discount we get on the 5.0's. You've got Detroit Rockers listed in your sig that are $800 for only two. We get four for the low, low price of $1,500. That's a $25/cam discount.

/sarcasm

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
C'mon man, that's the bulk price discount we get on the 5.0's. You've got Detroit Rockers listed in your sig that are $800 for only two. We get four for the low, low price of $1,500. That's a $25/cam discount.

/sarcasm

Ya I don't see many folks going this route. By the time you figure in labor you are half way to a supercharger with much better power gains.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score

/sarcasm

Ha, yeah. I was thinking that when I saw it was 4. Thing is, we don't look at it that way. We look at it at power/$.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Man $1500 a set gives me a flashback to the vg30dett days. Maybe the price will go down or someone will do a group buy.

But they do look promising. 40HP on an auto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQxlJevcE9Q

That was with the stage 3 cams, not impressive to me.

If you've already added long tube headers and 3.73 (or steeper) gears and are now ready to take the next step, the Stage 3 Cams add big power gains for strong power gains above 5500-7200+.

Last edited:

TorchedGT

Mustang Operator
Reaction score
hell i didnt like throwing down $750 on my 3v hotrod cams lol... well except when i turn the key on...man that car sounds sweet :D

wproctor411

forum member
Reaction score
That was with the stage 3 cams, not impressive to me.

That Brenspeed test is with Stage 1 NSR cams...why would they have stage 3 NSR cams? Either way a peak RWHP gain was 49 HP. Not bad for an auto. Would be 10 to 15 more with an M6. These are more for racing anyway so the power is gained were it counts the most.

Correcting myself here...
Just checked site and they do have stage 3 NSR cams. I would replace the springs and retainers.

Last edited:

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
That Brenspeed test is with Stage 1 NSR cams...why would they have stage 3 NSR cams? Either way a peak RWHP gain was 49 HP. Not bad for an auto. Would be 10 to 15 more with an M6. These are more for racing anyway so the power is gained were it counts the most.

Correcting myself here...
Just checked site and they do have stage 3 NSR cams. I would replace the springs and retainers.

As I said, that gain with Stage 3 cams is not very impressive. I'm sure those cams give up a lot of drivability in the low RPM range.

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
Im sure the gains would be huge with a custom grind cam that matched ur mods. Add a little port work to the heads and im sure u can see 550 wheel on 93. Now thats Very impressive if u ask me.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Im sure the gains would be huge with a custom grind cam that matched ur mods. Add a little port work to the heads and im sure u can see 550 wheel on 93. Now thats Very impressive if u ask me.

I'm guessing you meant 450?

wproctor411

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you meant 450?

JPC has a car at 509 WHP with re ground factory cams and CNC heads..along with many bolt on parts. They sell the 500HP packages on their site. 550 isn't too long of a shot. Maybe enen more with a 5.3L stroker.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back