Condensation inside Fogs and HID Headlamps

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is Tech, but i just picked up my 5.0 California Special on tuesday. I had the HID headlamps package and the projector foglights on the bottom of the bumper. (cali special package) The first day i noticed some fog inside the head lights and i havent seen it since, even in the rain. But for the past 2 days ive noticed a lot of water droplets in one of my foglights and they dont go away. Anyone delt with this? What should i do? Thanks in advance.

bigbelly

not safe for work
Reaction score
Have the GT/CS also. It's been very rainy in San Diego (not complaining...) the last 2 weeks. Haven't noticed any water intrusion into the headlights or foglights. Will let you know if I do.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
I had that in my tail lights on my RX-8. The only cure is new ones. Take it to ford they should change them out. I took my tail lights out and used a hair dryer, it worked but left a white haze inside. That is a temporary fix.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 that had it happen.ford dealer will replace for free.it kept repeating so after 4 times(yep) i took a 1/8" drill to lower corner of headlight and drilled it.worked like a charm.no more condensation!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back