Considering trading in....

JMoraru

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been tossing the idea of trading in my 07 paxton supercharged 4.6 for a 5.0....or maybe something different. It depends how much i can get on trade in, but last time i dealt with this dealership they were very fair. I tried to stop the urge, but i got one of those " we want your trade flyers" and it has me curious.I would definitely part the mods out before trading in.

I love my car and it has never given me any real issues. However, Im already over 70k miles, 40k of those have been boosted and I would say im a spirited driver. I take care of it and it just keeps goin, but i wonder if one day soon it could have had enough.

My reason for trading is i just kinda want something new, although i still seem to have an attachment to this car lol. The 5.0 also has worlds better potential, although im not sure if i want to boost it or leave it NA and just enjoy it. There is no fuel mileage improvement and I really could use that.

Ive also considered getting a cheap DD, which i kind of have one, but i seem to like DDing a nice car.

I think im gonna test drive the one I like tomorrow to see. Ive driven 2 5.0s....one stock and one whippled, but neither i was able to get on it hard. I will say, im not sure if i like how electric it feels compared to my car.

The car Im gonna look at is a 2013 sterling grey california special package 6MT. Id prefer white to try something different, but i figure ill go see. Sticker is right over $38k. What do you guys think i can get it for? Any incentive or plans i should know about?

IDK....figured I would get some conversation going and see what people think.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awenotthisagain.jpg

088GT088

forum member
Reaction score
I traded in my 07 GT two days ago for a PW M6 5.0 .
I really loved my 07, but the 5.0 is making me forget
all about it.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Oh look another one of these threads.

Just trade it in.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I recently traded my '07 GT/CS Vert for my current '13 GT base 6M. Even though my Vert was paid off, I still don't regret it for a second.

Trade and don't look back. You should be able to get a killer deal on a 13 now that the 14s have hit the lots.

JMoraru

forum member
Reaction score

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

Not sure what all rebates Ford currently has, but I think you could realistically get it down to under $35K, prolly lower. The kicker is, if you trade in your car, they are gonna try to rape you on that, especially considering your car has a blower. If you trade in, I'd recommend de-modding first, and selling your parts to recover some coin.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just looked at Ford.com and the 2013's have a $1500 rebate for VA.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I just looked at Ford.com and the 2013's have a $1500 rebate for VA.

Wow, that doesn't seem like much for a 2013 model. I got $3250 worth of rebates on my 2013 that I bought back when it was still 2012! I had to finance through Ford Credit to get an extra $500, on top of the $2K and $750 rebates Ford offered.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only extra is $500 for military.

2014's have a $1k rebate on them so for now you get an extra $500 off the 13's when comparing them to the 14's....although even there are very very few changes for the 14 the price of the car went up $500 so there is that.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Your toast dude............you have already traded it in.......whether you realize it or not.

Post pics of the new car asap......LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back