console cover make over

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
i had the A.M. console cover with the silver GT mustang on it. i glued padding to the armrest then glued the cover to it and life was good.

after i did the seats everyone that looked in the car loved the interior but ALWAYS asked why is the console embroidering silver. so today i took a yellow fine tip permanent sharpie and did this, gonna let it dry good and do it again tomorrow.

all you have to do is touch the sharpie to the thread and it soaks it in and stays off the vinyl.

20130330_191816_zpsd7508789.jpg

20130330_191822_zps81a9771a.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Did you have the seats recovered locally, or did you buy those covers online somewhere? My driver's seat is already showing wear with 37K miles.

07Bandit

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great. I have done the sharpie thing with stiching on the shift boot in red. Works great.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Did you have the seats recovered locally, or did you buy those covers online somewhere? My driver's seat is already showing wear with 37K miles.

bought online and covered them while sitting in the living room watching tv. it's actually not bad to do.

Looks great. I have done the sharpie thing with stiching on the shift boot in red. Works great.

never thought of that, i may have to try it.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
they are the Roush covers but i cant remember where i got them. i just googled yellow seats and found the store. if i were doing mine i'd look at katskinz.

FiveLeeter

forum member
Reaction score
found them on eBay for $400, but I don't want to have to give up my tilting rear headrests to use them....

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back